Please Guys Help!

bmsyko

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I am a super newbie and need your advice on what's the best way to hook up my monitor to my computer. I have a Samsung T260HD
my new computer will have graphic card ATI 5770. What is the best way to hook this up for use with Office suites, spreadsheets, documents, etc? The main function will be for work, occasionally I might watch a movie. It came with 2 cables white with screws and the other one is blue with screws. I guess the blue one is VGA not sure what the white ones are I think D-Sub cable? What cables do I need to buy to get the best resolution from this monitor and graphic card? Please use layman terms as I am tech illiterate, I would appreciate any help at all. Also I'm using very nice Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified, for the sound...... :??: TNA

clinomaniac

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Are your speakers plugged into your motherboard's onboard soundcard? If so then the solution will be pretty simple.

You have a good monitor there, it has many possible connections.

Does your white cable look like this?

90127d957a67088feae34606fcf2b6d8.jpg

If so, then that is a DVI cable and is basically a HDMI cable without the sound component. Just plug one end into either port on your graphics card and the other into the monitor and you should be good to go. Your PC should sort the rest.

I had a look on the Samsung website and it says that your monitor will support a resolution up to 1920x1200. The graphics card you have is more than capable of displaying high definition content at that resolution. To ensure you are getting the most out of your system just make sure you have the latest drivers installed and that your PC has identified the correct resolution for your monitor.

What operating system are you running? If it's windows 7 then it will be very straight forward. Just right click on the desktop, click screen resolution. It should show you what resolution you are running and what other options you have. By default it should select the one most appropriate for you, but if for some reason it hasn't selected 1920x1200 then change it to that.

Hope that helps.