Adapter doesn't see my wireless network

shaun

Hi, I just bought the MS wireless adapter of the xbox and
I can't see my local wireless network (linksys). However
I do see two of my neighbors wireless networks. I know at
least one of them is also using a linksys router. Just to
be sure my adapater and xbox live subscription was working
I successfully connected using one of my neighbors
networks ;-) Obviously it would be unethical for me to
leave it like this. Any suggestions? Why can't I see my
own network when its in the other room? I have tried both
infrastructor and adhoc modes.

joker

Are you broadcasting your SSID?

Shaun wrote:

> Hi, I just bought the MS wireless adapter of the xbox and
> I can't see my local wireless network (linksys). However
> I do see two of my neighbors wireless networks. I know at
> least one of them is also using a linksys router. Just to
> be sure my adapater and xbox live subscription was working
> I successfully connected using one of my neighbors
> networks ;-) Obviously it would be unethical for me to
> leave it like this. Any suggestions? Why can't I see my
> own network when its in the other room? I have tried both
> infrastructor and adhoc modes.

shaun

Yep, SSID broadcast is enabled. I can also see my network
when I browse wireless nets from my neighbors house.

joker

What's the firmware version of the MN-740 then?

shaun wrote:

> Yep, SSID broadcast is enabled. I can also see my network
> when I browse wireless nets from my neighbors house.

joker

Oh and what kind of wireless security are you using?