NC8000 - Will not boot to USB floppy

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
just a BIOS limitation on these units...

Thanks.

On the seventh day, Chris wrote...

> Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
> that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
> desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
> seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
> just a BIOS limitation on these units...

maybe... have a look in the BIOS and check whether "usb legacy support" is
both available and enabled...
good luck.

All my life I said I wanted to be someone...I can see now that I
should have been more specific.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I appreciate the response - I did try that, and still no luck. I
guess I may have to purchase a floppy drive for the media bay in order
to boot to a floppy. That seems strange, but I guess the bios was not
designed for USB floppy booting.

Chris

Christian Dürrhauer wrote:
> On the seventh day, Chris wrote...
>
> > Compaq/HP NC8000 - I can not get it to boot from a USB floppy drive
> > that is known good. Our HP desktops will boot to it (d530 small fom
> > desktop) but the NC8000's will not. Looked at BIOS settings - did not
> > seem to be anything there to correct this. Any ideas? Myabe this is
> > just a BIOS limitation on these units...
>
> maybe... have a look in the BIOS and check whether "usb legacy support" is
> both available and enabled...
> good luck.
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
> Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> All my life I said I wanted to be someone...I can see now that I
> should have been more specific.

TRENDING THREADS