scanning

Some of my friends have told me that when I email scanned text to them it
comes out fuzzy and hard to read even at higher mag. I use a UMAX Ultra
3400---no problem with fotos, just printed text. Any suggestions??

Thank you, Ricko

How are you saving the scanned text? What scanner settings are you using?
Is this scanner connected to a Dell computer?

HCRychener wrote:
> Some of my friends have told me that when I email scanned text to them it
> comes out fuzzy and hard to read even at higher mag. I use a UMAX Ultra
> 3400---no problem with fotos, just printed text. Any suggestions??
>
> Thank you, Ricko

I scan notes all the time for friends when they miss lectures, etc. I
usually set the resolution at 150 DPI and color (black & white comes out
less clear). An 8.5"x11" sheet generally comes in at 6MB PNG, but I
generally save the file as an 85% compressed JPEG (knocks it down to a
couple hunder KB). I haven't had any complaints, and this is using an
old Lexmark X83 all-in-one printer.

Is it "fuzzy" to you before you send it to them? How are you sending
it? Is the scanned image being resized down during the send process?

"HCRychener" <dogpaw@gwis.com> wrote in message
> Some of my friends have told me that when I email scanned text to
> them it
> comes out fuzzy and hard to read even at higher mag. I use a UMAX
> Ultra
> 3400---no problem with fotos, just printed text. Any suggestions??

Good point, especially if the recipient should happen to have "high speed"
dial-up and they use a web-based email client, in which case it might be
resized down on the recipient's end.

> Is it "fuzzy" to you before you send it to them? How are you sending
> it? Is the scanned image being resized down during the send process?

TRENDING THREADS