Mastermind

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Hello all! I'm a newbie so i was wondering if you guys could give me some help... I'm trying to creat my own computer so i was just wondering if the things i have listed in my list are good so far:
Radeon 9700 Pro (Graphix card)
Terratec Aureon 7.1 space (Sound card)
Ga-7VAXP (Gigabyte Motherboard)
Intel E7505 chipset
Creative SOundblaster
Logitech keyboard, mouse
Fans

:lol: yoha! broha!

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
Not a bad setup...what cpu you going for?....Personally I think the p4 2.4ghz(533) is the best deal going. As far as the motherboard goes....I would consider waiting on a better motherboard. The Msi 655max is a very attractive motherboard and should be out pretty soon. It will offer better performance than the one you have chosen and will support dual ddr400 (much more memory bandwidth than dual ddr266)....I would go with a soundblaster audigy for your sound card and I recommend a hercules radeon 9700pro.

<A HREF="http://dnadesignz.kicks-ass.net" target="_new"><b><font color=green>MY SYSTEM</b></font color=green></A>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I would go with a soundblaster audigy for your sound card
Now, I'll openly admit that I'm not a sound card expert and that I'd be perfectly happy to have an Audigy2. However, when someone comes along and lists something that is both very specific and that I haven't even heard of, like a "Terratec Aureon 7.1", I would imagine that they already <i>know</i> what they want.

<font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
well maybe since you are an "expert" , you would ask yourself since you have never seen or heard of this sound card, you would wonder maybe since you never have heard of it that it isnt such a good card?...that was the first thing I noticed that I have also never heard of it.

Maybe I should just quit posting, since obviously I have no clue what im talking about and my suggestion suck (with sarcasm)

<A HREF="http://dnadesignz.kicks-ass.net" target="_new"><b><font color=green>MY SYSTEM</b></font color=green></A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by civilized on 03/04/03 05:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I do know that the Audigy 2 graded out higher in most of the measuarbles in the benchmarks I've seen. Of course, that doesn't address driver issues or anything else. And who know, maybe he just hates Creative. I know a lot of people do.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.