Sign in with
Your question

Help! Can't install Windows 7 Home 64-bit

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
October 17, 2012 10:14:39 PM

"file 0x80070017 is missing or corrupted"

Anybody know what's wrong? =(.

I just got the OEM copy and a brand new SSD. When I was trying to install windows before it was working but my computer took a tumble during that. The disk appears to have smudges but they don't feel like scratches.

I didn't use the product key yet, it doesn't get past "copying windows".

Any clue as to why this is happening? If I have to order a new copy I'm going to flip a table.
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 10:37:10 PM

"file 0x80070017 is missing or corrupted"

Anybody know what's wrong? =(.

I just got the OEM copy and a brand new SSD. When I was trying to install windows before it was working but my computer took a tumble during that. The disk appears to have smudges but they don't feel like scratches.

I didn't use the product key yet, it doesn't get past "copying windows".

Any clue as to why this is happening? If I have to order a new copy I'm going to flip a table.

make sure the mb bios is up to date. also it could be a bad ram stick or ram issue. try taking 1/2 ram out to see if windows will install ok. plug your ssd into another pc and make sure the firmware is uptodate and do an fdisk and remove any partion on it.
make sure you unplug your hard drive. windows with two blank drives loves to put the system restore folder on the hard drive and the os on the ssd that can cause issues. also check that your mb sata ports set to achi mode and your using the onboard intel ports.
m
l
Related resources
a c 403 $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 10:38:22 PM

I would say bad media.
m
l
October 17, 2012 11:23:38 PM

I read the site on replacing windows hardware...but I'm still not sure on something. I didn't get the warranty on the product or anything, would it cost me to replace it?

I checked the SSD, it's fine. I never even plugged in the HD yet, and I removed a stick of RAM ( I alternated them) and it still won't install, it's still the same error message =(.

Sorry for what is definitely a stupid question, but what is "bad media"?
m
l
October 17, 2012 11:26:04 PM

I read the site on replacing windows hardware...but I'm still not sure on something. I didn't get the warranty on the product or anything, would it cost me to replace it?

I checked the SSD, it's fine. I never even plugged in the HD yet, and I removed a stick of RAM ( I alternated them) and it still won't install, it's still the same error message =(.

Sorry for what is definitely a stupid question, but what is "bad media"?

Bad media, is just another way of saying that the DVD is faulty. Give the Microsoft call center a call and see what they can do for ya.
m
l
October 17, 2012 11:45:50 PM

I'll be sure to give microsoft a call but again, would they really do anything at all considering I bought it from Newegg with no warranty?

I checked that site and it kinda confused me, it seems I'd already need an operating system on the computer and I'd have to have bought the disk straight from windows to download it on a usb?
m
l
October 18, 2012 12:35:45 AM

THANK YOU! :D 

Downloading it on a USB now!
m
l
October 18, 2012 7:23:53 PM

Oh...I'm still having problems >.<
I tried to download the ISO file but I realize that I couldn't select the USB drive, but only the disk burner (optical drive). The Windows page says a USB can be used but it isn't giving me the options :x.

Anybody know whats wrong?
m
l
!