METAL

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2004

Hi,

Is there some way in Windows XP to prevent UPS from beeping?

My UPS keeps beeping throughout the power outage.

regards

Gordon

"Metal" <metal@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there some way in Windows XP to prevent UPS from beeping?
>
> My UPS keeps beeping throughout the power outage.
>
> regards

Have a look at your UPS documentation - it's nothing to do with Windows!

That's a normal/expected operation for the alarm to sound
during an outage. Most higher-end units have a Alarm reset
button on the faceplate you can press to stop the alarming.
On other units check the Watchdog applet options and see
if it has a "Mute" or Alarm Sound disable setting.