Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection driver problem

Protostar

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hello,

Today when I started up my computer it blue screened about three times at the log in screen. After the third or so time I booted my computer with the last known good configuration. At first it seemed to work; everything seemed to boot as normal. However, I noticed that I could not connect to the internet. I went into the Device Manger and noticed a problem with my Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection. Under device status it states "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" I have updated and reinstalled the drivers twice now to no avail. I do not know what the problem is. Can someone please help me out?

I was going to try a system restore, but somehow all of my restore points were deleted.

There's a possibility these symptoms were caused by an infection of some sort, you might try to scan for malware (your antivirus, malwarebytes or microsoft system sweeper). Blue screens might also be caused by a hardware fault. You can try running memtest86 (google the installer, download burn to a cd and boot from it) or running diagnostics on your hard drive. If you know the manufacturer of the drive you can check for their diagnostic tools online.

It's also possible an error occurred which caused the blue screens and corrupted the driver; since reinstalling the driver didn't help you might try to back up your information and re-install Windows (but try the scans first)

This thing about your restore point being deleted has me suspicions of a malware though.