Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rca cable speaker

Last response: in Home Audio
May 18, 2010 12:48:01 AM

I have an old pc speaker that has an rca cable that broke. It had a RCA female plug on one end that connects to another speaker's male plug, and the other end of the cable runs directly into the speaker itself. Is there a way to replace the rca cable even though there is no external plug?

Thanks for your help,


More about : rca cable speaker

May 18, 2010 1:35:13 AM

yes, there are screw terminal RCA male or female plugs, you can but them at radio shack, or an electronics supply store. Or you can solder them on, if you know how. Sounds like you need to find a friend who knows how, to help you, but it's fixable. Only takes a few minutes.
Or you can open the speaker and replace the whole wire, again you need to solder it. Again radio shack sells RCA speaker wires already made.