Sign in with
Your question

Did I overclock? (hangup)

Last response: in CPUs
March 4, 2003 5:58:43 PM

Am running a 2400+xp which is normally 2.0ghz, running with faster fsb to where its at 2.2 ghz even. so 200mhz increase. Using a normal coolermaster heatsink/fan for cooling....

Temps get up to 50C idle and 56 or so while playing games, though thats an estimate since I cant always get out of game fast enough to check. Ti4200 overclocked by 20mhz in both clock speeds with normal heatsink/fan attached.

Was playing delta force which is a graphic heavy game. First time I played on this nforce2 motherboard after being on a k7s5a board. Overclocked THE SAME on the k7s5a but there was never a problem. On the nforce2 just now, was playing and game just locked up. What was on the screen froze and sound just skipped back and fourth, you know. In other words sound locked up too, just kept [playing the same sound over and over......

When I got started back up into windows temp read 55C. Hmmm... Is it from overclocking something? The only thing different from the k7s5a is the vid card is overclocked more...

More about : overclock hangup

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 4, 2003 6:33:52 PM

yea its probably from the overclocking.
March 4, 2003 6:57:19 PM

In my personal experience....ive had what happens to you now happen to me when i Overclocked my Video Card to much...sound would lock up and the computer would be forzen to the point where i HAVE to press RESET as CTRL + ALT + DELETE didnt do anything......

i turned the mem and core MHz down a tad on the video card and it worked fine....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 4, 2003 7:22:30 PM

I believe its the vid card too. I put a fan on top of it, blowing right down onto the backside of the chip, which gets very hot. It has not locked up yet in games. I will however tone the mhz down a little
March 7, 2003 11:00:48 PM

I agree. I got a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 overclocked to 265/535 with no problems. I got an Antec 1080 AMG case with a side fan blowing on the video card. If you are planning on overclocking, check into the Thermaltake Cooling fan kit. It has a GeForce 4 cooler and memory heatsinks. Here is the link. http://www.thermaltake.com/products/chipset/g4.htm
!