startup password

We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
the password at startup,,,

Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
ask for a password when you open it?

Is it a chip I should change?

There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...

"Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9KAne.14$Or5.8934@wagner.videotron.net...
| We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
| the password at startup,,,
|
| Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
| ask for a password when you open it?
|
| Is it a chip I should change?
|
| There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...

Hope you fired that employee. Try resetting the nvram.

i'm having the same problem - a friend has gotten a second hand comp but
can't do anything with it b/c of the password.

this is a desktop (compaq or dell, i think). would this work for a desktop
as well?

"Jeff Schick" <spam@spamcop.net> wrote in message

"Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
| the password at startup,,,
|
| Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't
| ask for a password when you open it?
|
| Is it a chip I should change?
|
| There most be a way to crack or to bypass it...

Hope you fired that employee. Try resetting the nvram.

"Bouzzi" <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember
> the password at startup,,,
>
> Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't ask
> for a password when you open it?

Contact HP (in the US at 800-HPINVENt or worldwide see
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact.html). They can remotely reset
the unit. You will need to provide some proof of ownership.

Regards,

I mant to do it my self, I want to find the right procedure so that if it
happens to someone else I would be able to do it again...

At The Hp service center all seems to be a secret...

119v9t9pkuaqh36@corp.supernews.com...

>I mant to do it my self, I want to find the right procedure so that if it
>happens to someone else I would be able to do it again...
>
> At The Hp service center all seems to be a secret...

It is a secret, because unrestricted access to the unlock information would
contribute to notebook theft. If someone steals a notebook and cannot unlock
it the market value is reduced. If you own the notebook legitimately HP can
unlock it for you over the phone. If not then....

- Bob Headrick