Dell Media Experience Missing DMX.MSI

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Win XP sp2. Every time I try to start
"Dell Media Experience" I get the message that I have to install it and
wants a CD with the file DMX.MSI. If I ignore this the Dell Media Experience
will launch. I have contacted Dell three times requesting this file. They
have sent me 2 CDs neither one solve the problem. Today after long waits
(what else?) with Dell they told me all I could do was wipe my entire hard
drive and re-install everything. I told them "NO WAY!"

They now claim my Win XP is corrupted that is why I am having this issue.

Does anyone know what is going on? Or where I can get the DMX.MSI file?

They gave me an invalid web address http://www.wpi.edi/~nbold/r77061.exe so
that did no good

Thank you anyone who know about this.

Mary Weatherford

Go to this dell web page for the answer

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_mediaexp&message.id=1384

"Mary Weatherford" <m-weatherford@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Win XP sp2. Every time I try to start
>"Dell Media Experience" I get the message that I have to install it and
>wants a CD with the file DMX.MSI. If I ignore this the Dell Media
>Experience will launch. I have contacted Dell three times requesting this
>file. They have sent me 2 CDs neither one solve the problem. Today after
>long waits (what else?) with Dell they told me all I could do was wipe my
>entire hard drive and re-install everything. I told them "NO WAY!"
>
> They now claim my Win XP is corrupted that is why I am having this issue.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on? Or where I can get the DMX.MSI file?
>
> They gave me an invalid web address http://www.wpi.edi/~nbold/r77061.exe
> so that did no good
>
> Thank you anyone who know about this.
>
> Mary Weatherford

the link is http://www.wpi.edu/~nbold/R77061.EXE

it is edu not edi and the filename R77061.EXE all had to be capitalized

"Mary Weatherford" <m-weatherford@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Win XP sp2. Every time I try to start
>"Dell Media Experience" I get the message that I have to install it and
>wants a CD with the file DMX.MSI. If I ignore this the Dell Media
>Experience will launch. I have contacted Dell three times requesting this
>file. They have sent me 2 CDs neither one solve the problem. Today after
>long waits (what else?) with Dell they told me all I could do was wipe my
>entire hard drive and re-install everything. I told them "NO WAY!"
>
> They now claim my Win XP is corrupted that is why I am having this issue.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on? Or where I can get the DMX.MSI file?
>
> They gave me an invalid web address http://www.wpi.edi/~nbold/r77061.exe
> so that did no good
>
> Thank you anyone who know about this.
>
> Mary Weatherford

Thank you Ric. I have sent them the request. Keep you fingers crossed.
I am puzzled that the three people in Dell tech support could not help me. I
wonder what I am paying for?
As for the link, I just put in a typo in my message. I knew it was edu not
edi

Again, Thank you
Mary Weatherford

> Thank you Ric. I have sent them the request. Keep you fingers crossed.
> I am puzzled that the three people in Dell tech support could not help me.
> I wonder what I am paying for?
> As for the link, I just put in a typo in my message. I knew it was edu not
> edi
>
> Again, Thank you
> Mary Weatherford

My thanks also. I had wondered how to locate the DME download, just in case
someone actually asks for it.....

Stew

I found the Dell forum and I think they have given me the right answer.
Anyway I ordered the correct CD with Dell Media Experience ver 3.0. The
Customer Support kept giving me the CD with ver 2.1 The Tech Support called
to thank me for telling them the right CD part number. I asked if they
didn't check their own Dell Forum Website but got no response.
Anyway here's the forum link
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=software