Sad News: Mike Kerns passes away

I have some very, *very* sad news. Collector Mike Kerns, known for his beard,
his broad smile and his yearly help at the Allentown Pinball Wizard’s
Convention, has passed away.

http://www.legacy.com/philly/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=14329093

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X58F32D4B

--
Bruce Clark
38 answers Last reply

    Did the faggot die of Aids?

    How innappropriate of a statement - geez! I never met him but can't
    believe you would say something of such poor taste.

    Wow, is there really that many assh*les out there or is it just one or
    two that post under different names? Really classless. At least you
    could have picked an original name...

    Jim

    Is there that many new guys here that have never seen Tommy (John
    Shields) in action? Has it been that long since he's dumped on us here?
    Wow. He trolls. He's rgp's original troll. Ignore like all others.

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    Cliffy,

    Why don't you work on a hole protector we could all use? Like one that
    protects us from getting the clap from your mom's stinking hole.

    Jeff,

    Shouldn't you spend your time on monster.com now that Wayne has put you
    out of business?

    I am not hurting for money. I have enough NOS stuff that I could sell
    to pay the bills for years not to mention a building full of pins.

    GO AWAY!

    What the hell is wrong with you?

    I thought it was someone else using the Tommy name, didn't think it was
    the same guy. After all this time, I would have thought he would have
    found something better to do. Like heckle eight year olds in Little
    League. Then again, he's probably not allowed within 100 yards of
    children.

    Jim

    Let's see, we'll assume that you fit the national medium of 35k per
    year. You state that you have enough NOS stuff to pay the bills for
    years. Since that's plural, we'll assume two years. 3k per month for
    24 months is 72k. Are you really saying you have 72k in NOS parts? A
    hard to find NOS playfield goes for 2k. How many of those do you have?
    10? Let's pretend you have 20, thats 40k (and a stretch). What else
    do you have? Ramps? At $300 a pop for hard to find, do you have 100 of
    those? I dooubt it. What exactly is in your secret stash of NOS
    parts?

    Are you going to have a "I'm secretly broke so I'm selling everything"
    fire sale like Grover did?

    It does when it's one of a kind. If you are a true pin collector,
    would you part with a commodity you can never replace? No. He needs
    the cash. There's nothing wrong with being down on your luck, it
    happens.

    And a minty NBAFB.

    First off you are a very evil person and I cannot believe you would even
    post such trash like that!

    This is very sad news. I still remember my long conversation I had with him
    at this year's Pinball Wizards convention. He looked great and I would never
    have thought something like this would happen so soon.

    A very big loss to the pinball community. I am very saddened.

    Jeff
    ClassicArcades Inc.
    <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did the faggot die of Aids?

    Just goes to show theres a complete f'in a-hole born every moment that
    needs to dump on someone who cant even defend himself. Nice work
    looser, now step off a deep pier! Dont worry, no-one will miss you
    EVER!~Pinball Bret

    pinbalz wrote:
    > This guy is outta control. Another idiot on this newsgroup. What is the
    > deal lately?
    >
    > *SIGH*
    >
    > <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Did the faggot die of Aids?

    This guy is outta control. Another idiot on this newsgroup. What is the
    deal lately?

    *SIGH*

    <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did the faggot die of Aids?

    Where's this guy from? He is in the PLONK list now also.

    > Cliffy,
    >
    > Why don't you work on a hole protector we could all use? Like one that
    > protects us from getting the clap from your mom's stinking hole.

    Type away, keyboard commando..

    Marcel

    On 21 Jun 2005 21:48:01 -0700, tommytutelage1@YAHOO.COM wrote:

    >Are you going to have a "I'm secretly broke so I'm selling everything"
    >fire sale like Grover did?

    A $9500 Funhouse qualifies as a fire sale?

    On 21 Jun 2005 22:11:39 -0700, tommytutelage1@YAHOO.COM wrote:

    >It does when it's one of a kind. If you are a true pin collector,
    >would you part with a commodity you can never replace? No. He needs
    >the cash. There's nothing wrong with being down on your luck, it
    >happens.

    Actually I heard he sold the FH to get a Champion Pub and TMNT he'd
    been longing for.

    Bruse -

    Thank you for postoing this. I met Mike last year and he was one of the
    nicest people in the pinball world that I had ever met. Perhaps one of the
    nicest in general too. While I did not know him well, This is a loss for the
    pinball world.

    For the record: Bruce does not seem to post much anymore. After reading this
    thread, I think he might have the right idea.

    Chris

    "Bruce Clark" <sixofoneREMOVE@NOWnetreach.net> wrote in message
    >I have some very, *very* sad news. Collector Mike Kerns, known for his
    >beard,
    > his broad smile and his yearly help at the Allentown Pinball Wizard's
    > Convention, has passed away.
    >
    > http://www.legacy.com/philly/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=14329093
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?X58F32D4B
    >
    > --
    > Bruce Clark

    >Actually, Cliffy, it's been a _long_ time since JS has spewed his BS here.
    >Long enough, actually, that he expired out of my troll filter!

    Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
    names?

    Maybe not.

    Either way that person needs something better to do.

    Kirb

    Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in news:-Z6dnbdimZ9lRCXfRVn-
    qg@comcast.com:

    pinball bret wrote:
    > Just goes to show theres a complete f'in a-hole born every moment that
    > needs to dump on someone who cant even defend himself. Nice work
    > looser, now step off a deep pier! Dont worry, no-one will miss you
    > EVER!~Pinball Bret

    On June 21 I posted the following new topic:
    Public "Thank You" To Michelle Bianchi of NAVL
    Lots of RGPers joined in support and then up popped "tommytuttle"
    with a disgusting post. EastIowaAmusements took the bait and then I
    wrote to them as follows:

    On tommytutel...@yahoo.com's post, click "Show Options" and then click

    "Find Messages By This Author" to see other posts by this "person" and
    you will see that as bad as this one is it isn't the worst. He
    repeatedly engages in gratuitous profanity. While you can report that
    sort of newsgroup abuse he would probably just change names and
    continue posting.

    There were no further posts under that topic but I want to add here
    that there are all sorts of misfits in the world. Some hide in bushes
    and shoot rifles hoping to injure others. Some hide in cyberspace and
    just shoot off their mouths in an effort to hurt people that way. The
    terms "psychopath" and/or "sociopath" apply when the act is less than
    criminal and depending on the degree of aberrant behavior. In any case
    it is futile to respond to such persons as they can't conform their
    conduct due to any number of reasons. All you can do is either ignore
    them or pray for them depending upon your tolerance level.

    Bob

    Bob

    > Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
    > names?
    >
    > Maybe not.
    >
    > Either way that person needs something better to do.

    Doesn't seem like JS style though. He usually rambles on about his fan
    club, busted flippers and celebrities at his meetings, IIRC he responds to
    his own posts with his other alter egos. I don't think I have ever seen him
    respond directly to someone elses posts.

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    True. Was talking to Aron last night and wondered the same thing thing.
    Not John's usual style. He's usually got something to say about "F'ing"
    video games and always something about busted flippers. And he NEVER
    made a coherent post as he has in a few of his replies yesterday. Gotta
    be someone else. Still, a troll by any other name ya know :)

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    >>Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
    >>names?
    >>
    >>Maybe not.
    >>
    >>Either way that person needs something better to do.
    >

    > Doesn't seem like JS style though. He usually rambles on about his fan
    > club, busted flippers and celebrities at his meetings, IIRC he responds to
    > his own posts with his other alter egos. I don't think I have ever seen him
    > respond directly to someone elses posts.

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!
    http://www.passionforpinball.com

    <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did the faggot die of Aids?

    And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
    Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
    contributing.

    Shame. This is the #1 reason why the RGP has to get off the antiquated
    usenet format and go to a web based forum.

    --
    -Doug

    dugmar wrote:

    > And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
    > Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
    > contributing.

    Then? He wins, Doug. This is so prevalent in todays society. Rather than
    fight for their neighborhoods people tend to close their doors and let
    the thugs take over. I do understand in any society there are those who
    believe the best policy is to hide their head in the sand. Too bad. I
    won't. But not to worry. There are still those of us who will do the
    fighting.

    --

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:24:55 -0700, Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >dugmar wrote:
    >>
    >> And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
    >> Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
    >> contributing.
    >>

    >Then? He wins, Doug. This is so prevalent in todays society. Rather than
    >fight for their neighborhoods people tend to close their doors and let
    >the thugs take over. I do understand in any society there are those who
    >believe the best policy is to hide their head in the sand. Too bad. I
    >won't. But not to worry. There are still those of us who will do the
    >fighting.

    Exactly. It's not hard to fight these guys. Add them to your killfile.
    If they change their user name and you read another moronic post just
    add them to your killfile again. Ad Nauseum. The reason they troll is
    to provoke a reaction. They provoke, people respond, they win.

    When people stop responding they will get bored and go away.

    Tommy is perfect proof that Indians F'd buffalos. Mooky just went to #2
    on my list of RGP dirt bags. Sad news about Mike, he will be missed.

    <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Did the faggot die of Aids?

    You better pray to everything that you deem holy that I never see you in
    person. Mike Kerns was a personal friend of mine and I will defend him to
    the end. He was a true family guy and an asset to the pinball community. I
    don't know who you are but should I EVER meet you, you'd best keep away!!!

    Think about that for a while.

    Jim

    John

    Wow this is rich. Troll fight!!!

    Mr. Drainaball wrote:
    > Tommy is perfect proof that Indians F'd buffalos. Mooky just went to #2
    > on my list of RGP dirt bags. Sad news about Mike, he will be missed.

    I never met Mike Kerns and I don't know anything about him but my God,
    show some respect for the dead. What you're doing is the same as
    running a race in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still
    retarded. Bad example, I know, but it fits.

    Mario
    Pinthetic

    Sorry I logged on today.

    Reckless and hideously disrespectful are the comments by the #2 author,
    whomever he might be.

    Utterly despicable. What kind of human refuse would even think such a
    thing, let alone post it?

    There had been other times I wished I had not logged on but this one
    takes the cake!

    > Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
    > names?

    Wasnt JS from Canada? This posters IP traces back to an American host.

    On 21 Jun 2005 20:29:23 -0700, tommytutelage@yahoo.com <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote:

    Hey look who's back! Looks like it's time to update the killfile.

    <*plonk*>

    ObPinball: Gonna play some tonight. I'll plunge a ball in Mike's memory,
    even though I never met the guy.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Don't panic, it's *supposed* to do that...I think... |

    On 6/22/05 4:32 PM, in article
    1119475940.103231.187110@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Pinthetic@gmail.com"
    <Pinthetic@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I never met Mike Kerns and I don't know anything about him but my God,
    > show some respect for the dead. What you're doing is the same as
    > running a race in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still
    > retarded. Bad example, I know, but it fits.
    >
    > Mario
    > Pinthetic

    My son has Down Syndrome. I'm nearly as offended by your example as the
    original comment that you're upset with.

    Marvin G.
    EM Pinball, And Nothing But!
    http://mysite.verizon.net/~woodrails

    Appology sent.