  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:23:32 PM

I have some very, *very* sad news. Collector Mike Kerns, known for his beard,
his broad smile and his yearly help at the Allentown Pinball Wizard’s
Convention, has passed away.

http://www.legacy.com/philly/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=Li...

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X58F32D4B

--
Bruce Clark

More about : sad news mike kerns passes

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:54:32 PM

Did the faggot die of Aids?
June 22, 2005 12:03:55 AM

How innappropriate of a statement - geez! I never met him but can't
believe you would say something of such poor taste.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:04:31 AM

Wow, is there really that many assh*les out there or is it just one or
two that post under different names? Really classless. At least you
could have picked an original name...

Jim
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:24:39 AM

Is there that many new guys here that have never seen Tommy (John
Shields) in action? Has it been that long since he's dumped on us here?
Wow. He trolls. He's rgp's original troll. Ignore like all others.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Cliffy,

Why don't you work on a hole protector we could all use? Like one that
protects us from getting the clap from your mom's stinking hole.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:53:13 AM

Jeff,

Shouldn't you spend your time on monster.com now that Wayne has put you
out of business?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:11:11 AM

I am not hurting for money. I have enough NOS stuff that I could sell
to pay the bills for years not to mention a building full of pins.

GO AWAY!
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:24:31 AM

What the hell is wrong with you?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:28:34 AM

I thought it was someone else using the Tommy name, didn't think it was
the same guy. After all this time, I would have thought he would have
found something better to do. Like heckle eight year olds in Little
League. Then again, he's probably not allowed within 100 yards of
children.

Jim
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:48:01 AM

Let's see, we'll assume that you fit the national medium of 35k per
year. You state that you have enough NOS stuff to pay the bills for
years. Since that's plural, we'll assume two years. 3k per month for
24 months is 72k. Are you really saying you have 72k in NOS parts? A
hard to find NOS playfield goes for 2k. How many of those do you have?
10? Let's pretend you have 20, thats 40k (and a stretch). What else
do you have? Ramps? At $300 a pop for hard to find, do you have 100 of
those? I dooubt it. What exactly is in your secret stash of NOS
parts?

Are you going to have a "I'm secretly broke so I'm selling everything"
fire sale like Grover did?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:11:39 AM

It does when it's one of a kind. If you are a true pin collector,
would you part with a commodity you can never replace? No. He needs
the cash. There's nothing wrong with being down on your luck, it
happens.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:23:03 AM

And a minty NBAFB.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:01:28 AM

First off you are a very evil person and I cannot believe you would even
post such trash like that!

This is very sad news. I still remember my long conversation I had with him
at this year's Pinball Wizards convention. He looked great and I would never
have thought something like this would happen so soon.

A very big loss to the pinball community. I am very saddened.

Jeff
ClassicArcades Inc.
<tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did the faggot die of Aids?

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:29:17 AM

Just goes to show theres a complete f'in a-hole born every moment that
needs to dump on someone who cant even defend himself. Nice work
looser, now step off a deep pier! Dont worry, no-one will miss you
EVER!~Pinball Bret

pinbalz wrote:
> This guy is outta control. Another idiot on this newsgroup. What is the
> deal lately?
>
> *SIGH*
>
> <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Did the faggot die of Aids?

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:14:43 AM

This guy is outta control. Another idiot on this newsgroup. What is the
deal lately?

*SIGH*

<tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did the faggot die of Aids?

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:17:50 AM

Where's this guy from? He is in the PLONK list now also.

> Cliffy,
>
> Why don't you work on a hole protector we could all use? Like one that
> protects us from getting the clap from your mom's stinking hole.

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:43:55 AM

Type away, keyboard commando..

Marcel
June 22, 2005 9:03:20 AM

On 21 Jun 2005 21:48:01 -0700, tommytutelage1@YAHOO.COM wrote:

>Are you going to have a "I'm secretly broke so I'm selling everything"
>fire sale like Grover did?

A $9500 Funhouse qualifies as a fire sale?
June 22, 2005 9:18:26 AM

On 21 Jun 2005 22:11:39 -0700, tommytutelage1@YAHOO.COM wrote:

>It does when it's one of a kind. If you are a true pin collector,
>would you part with a commodity you can never replace? No. He needs
>the cash. There's nothing wrong with being down on your luck, it
>happens.

Actually I heard he sold the FH to get a Champion Pub and TMNT he'd
been longing for.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:44:47 AM

Bruse -

Thank you for postoing this. I met Mike last year and he was one of the
nicest people in the pinball world that I had ever met. Perhaps one of the
nicest in general too. While I did not know him well, This is a loss for the
pinball world.

For the record: Bruce does not seem to post much anymore. After reading this
thread, I think he might have the right idea.

Chris

"Bruce Clark" <sixofoneREMOVE@NOWnetreach.net> wrote in message
news:D 9ai3401d2s@drn.newsguy.com...
>I have some very, *very* sad news. Collector Mike Kerns, known for his
>beard,
> his broad smile and his yearly help at the Allentown Pinball Wizard's
> Convention, has passed away.
>
> http://www.legacy.com/philly/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=Li...
>
> or
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?X58F32D4B
>
> --
> Bruce Clark

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:49:27 AM

>Actually, Cliffy, it's been a _long_ time since JS has spewed his BS here.
>Long enough, actually, that he expired out of my troll filter!

Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
names?

Maybe not.

Either way that person needs something better to do.

Kirb
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:50:52 AM

Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in news:-Z6dnbdimZ9lRCXfRVn-
qg@comcast.com:

> Is there that many new guys here that have never seen Tommy (John
> Shields) in action? Has it been that long since he's dumped on us here?
> Wow. He trolls. He's rgp's original troll. Ignore like all others.

Actually, Cliffy, it's been a _long_ time since JS has spewed his BS here.
Long enough, actually, that he expired out of my troll filter!
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:50:11 AM

pinball bret wrote:
> Just goes to show theres a complete f'in a-hole born every moment that
> needs to dump on someone who cant even defend himself. Nice work
> looser, now step off a deep pier! Dont worry, no-one will miss you
> EVER!~Pinball Bret

On June 21 I posted the following new topic:
Public "Thank You" To Michelle Bianchi of NAVL
Lots of RGPers joined in support and then up popped "tommytuttle"
with a disgusting post. EastIowaAmusements took the bait and then I
wrote to them as follows:

On tommytutel...@yahoo.com's post, click "Show Options" and then click

"Find Messages By This Author" to see other posts by this "person" and
you will see that as bad as this one is it isn't the worst. He
repeatedly engages in gratuitous profanity. While you can report that
sort of newsgroup abuse he would probably just change names and
continue posting.

There were no further posts under that topic but I want to add here
that there are all sorts of misfits in the world. Some hide in bushes
and shoot rifles hoping to injure others. Some hide in cyberspace and
just shoot off their mouths in an effort to hurt people that way. The
terms "psychopath" and/or "sociopath" apply when the act is less than
criminal and depending on the degree of aberrant behavior. In any case
it is futile to respond to such persons as they can't conform their
conduct due to any number of reasons. All you can do is either ignore
them or pray for them depending upon your tolerance level.

Bob

Bob
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:55:38 PM

> Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
> names?
>
> Maybe not.
>
> Either way that person needs something better to do.

Doesn't seem like JS style though. He usually rambles on about his fan
club, busted flippers and celebrities at his meetings, IIRC he responds to
his own posts with his other alter egos. I don't think I have ever seen him
respond directly to someone elses posts.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
June 22, 2005 1:18:17 PM

True. Was talking to Aron last night and wondered the same thing thing.
Not John's usual style. He's usually got something to say about "F'ing"
video games and always something about busted flippers. And he NEVER
made a coherent post as he has in a few of his replies yesterday. Gotta
be someone else. Still, a troll by any other name ya know :)

Mike Schudel wrote:
>>Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
>>names?
>>
>>Maybe not.
>>
>>Either way that person needs something better to do.
>

> Doesn't seem like JS style though. He usually rambles on about his fan
> club, busted flippers and celebrities at his meetings, IIRC he responds to
> his own posts with his other alter egos. I don't think I have ever seen him
> respond directly to someone elses posts.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:51:47 PM

<tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did the faggot die of Aids?

And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
contributing.

Shame. This is the #1 reason why the RGP has to get off the antiquated
usenet format and go to a web based forum.

--
-Doug
Anonymous

dugmar wrote:

> And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
> Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
> contributing.

Then? He wins, Doug. This is so prevalent in todays society. Rather than
fight for their neighborhoods people tend to close their doors and let
the thugs take over. I do understand in any society there are those who
believe the best policy is to hide their head in the sand. Too bad. I
won't. But not to worry. There are still those of us who will do the
fighting.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:51:49 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:24:55 -0700, Cliffy <crinear@comcast.net>
wrote:

>dugmar wrote:
>>
>> And I was just thinking about coming back to this group on a daily basis.
>> Now I'll go back to just using it in lurk mode for tech support instead of
>> contributing.
>>

>Then? He wins, Doug. This is so prevalent in todays society. Rather than
>fight for their neighborhoods people tend to close their doors and let
>the thugs take over. I do understand in any society there are those who
>believe the best policy is to hide their head in the sand. Too bad. I
>won't. But not to worry. There are still those of us who will do the
>fighting.

Exactly. It's not hard to fight these guys. Add them to your killfile.
If they change their user name and you read another moronic post just
add them to your killfile again. Ad Nauseum. The reason they troll is
to provoke a reaction. They provoke, people respond, they win.

When people stop responding they will get bored and go away.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:58:18 PM

Tommy is perfect proof that Indians F'd buffalos. Mooky just went to #2
on my list of RGP dirt bags. Sad news about Mike, he will be missed.
June 22, 2005 4:08:35 PM

<tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did the faggot die of Aids?

You better pray to everything that you deem holy that I never see you in
person. Mike Kerns was a personal friend of mine and I will defend him to
the end. He was a true family guy and an asset to the pinball community. I
don't know who you are but should I EVER meet you, you'd best keep away!!!

Think about that for a while.

Jim
June 22, 2005 5:43:58 PM

John
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:53:18 PM

Wow this is rich. Troll fight!!!

Mr. Drainaball wrote:
> Tommy is perfect proof that Indians F'd buffalos. Mooky just went to #2
> on my list of RGP dirt bags. Sad news about Mike, he will be missed.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:32:20 PM

I never met Mike Kerns and I don't know anything about him but my God,
show some respect for the dead. What you're doing is the same as
running a race in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still
retarded. Bad example, I know, but it fits.

Mario
Pinthetic
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:01:34 PM

Sorry I logged on today.

Reckless and hideously disrespectful are the comments by the #2 author,
whomever he might be.

Utterly despicable. What kind of human refuse would even think such a
thing, let alone post it?

There had been other times I wished I had not logged on but this one
takes the cake!

June 22, 2005 7:30:14 PM

> Maybe it is just someotherperson who just got busted for changing
> names?

Wasnt JS from Canada? This posters IP traces back to an American host.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:29:51 PM

On 21 Jun 2005 20:29:23 -0700, tommytutelage@yahoo.com <tommytutelage@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hey look who's back! Looks like it's time to update the killfile.

<*plonk*>

ObPinball: Gonna play some tonight. I'll plunge a ball in Mike's memory,
even though I never met the guy.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| Don't panic, it's *supposed* to do that...I think... |

On 6/22/05 4:32 PM, in article
1119475940.103231.187110@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Pinthetic@gmail.com"
<Pinthetic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I never met Mike Kerns and I don't know anything about him but my God,
> show some respect for the dead. What you're doing is the same as
> running a race in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still
> retarded. Bad example, I know, but it fits.
>
> Mario
> Pinthetic

My son has Down Syndrome. I'm nearly as offended by your example as the
original comment that you're upset with.

Marvin G.
EM Pinball, And Nothing But!
http://mysite.verizon.net/~woodrails
Anonymous