Download recovery discs for toshiba satalite

did not make a disc for satellite L7750-S7222 and had a crash. replaced hard drive now need a recovery disc.
can reply to oldboat1@yahoo.com.
thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about download recovery discs toshiba satalite
  1. Hi there.

Since it is a new hard drive, you'll likely need a new fresh install of Windows (whether that be 7 or 8 that is your choice).

Considering Win 8 is coming up, i suggest you get that. Or you can just get Win 7. Try and get an OEM version of Windows from your local computer shop - or even where you got your hard drive from - since it is much cheaper (you can find one for under 100 bucks).

Except you need to qualify to get an OEM. This can be done by buying a computer part (like you hard drive). Should they need to be purchased in one transaction is something i dont know. Just go to the store and ask.

Regards
  2. Download a copy of Windows 7, and use the product key on the sticker that is hopefully still on your PC. This wont cost a dime. Downloading the OS may be difficult, and possibly illegal, but with a valid product key, I don't think Microsoft will prosecute. I suggest looking at torrents to get the OS.
  3. Legally download the ISO that matches the Licence on the base of your laptop from here
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html
    Burn to a DVD
    Go to Toshiba site and download relevant Drivers for your Model and install
    (I'm sure Toshiba would provide Recovery disks...if you have time to wait...)
  4. Sigh... It is NOT illegal to download the iso. If yo want the recovery disk you can order them for a few bucks from Toshiba.

You should absolutely NOT buy a new OS when you own one already. You can download the appropriate windows 7 iso here:
    www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

You must use your key to activate it. You can burn it to a DVD our use the Microsoft USB install tool
  5. unksol said:
    Sigh... It is NOT illegal to download the iso. If yo want the recovery disk you can order them for a few bucks from Toshiba.

You should absolutely NOT buy a new OS when you own one already. You can download the appropriate windows 7 iso here:
    www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

You must use your key to activate it. You can burn it to a DVD our use the Microsoft USB install tool

There you go. I'm working on outdated info. Thanks for the update. Listen to this guy.
  6. Hey did anyone have Windows 7 recovery disc for toshiba portege r830 ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Data Recovery Download Hard Drives Toshiba Windows 7