inspiron 4150 HD spinning noise

hello
i've got a 1.5 year old inspiron laptop with a 30 gig hd
it works great
sometimes when my laptop is on, and i'm not working on it, there's a (quiet)
spinning noise (with no hard disk activity)
i can't describe it that wel

i can only stop this when i get hard disk activiy again, such as saving a
word file/opening a program

should i worry ?

koen

Robert

CPU fan?

"Robert" <PcTech@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> CPU fan?

it's the HD !

Mik

This is probably the CD-ROM/DVD drive. If there is a disk in it, take
it out. Does the sound disappear ?

Mik

"Mik" <Mik@No-spam-mail.com> wrote in message
> This is probably the CD-ROM/DVD drive. If there is a disk in it, take
> it out. Does the sound disappear ?
>
> Mik

it's the HD !