I have been using Office for mac on an imac and have now decided to switch
back to Windows XP Home edition and Office Small Business 2003. I find that
the Word and Excel files I have saved on my imac will not open in Word or
Excel in M/S Office Small Business. I have tried transferring the files
between machines as e-mail attachments and have also physically moved them
using a memory stick but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how I can
regain access to these files on my new system
--
Keith B

Might give Openoffice a try http://www.openoffice.org/

Keith B wrote:
> I have been using Office for mac on an imac and have now decided to switch
> back to Windows XP Home edition and Office Small Business 2003. I find that
> the Word and Excel files I have saved on my imac will not open in Word or
> Excel in M/S Office Small Business. I have tried transferring the files
> between machines as e-mail attachments and have also physically moved them
> using a memory stick but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how I can
> regain access to these files on my new system

Should not really be a problem...we have been moving
Office files between Windows machines and Mac machines
for as long as MS Office has existed. The only issue we
encountered, and this is really an educational one, is
teaching the Mac user how to follow convention in setting
file names. This might be where the problem is, especially
when long [Mac] file names with spaces and punctuation are
involved.

"Keith B" <KeithB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Office for mac on an imac and have now decided to switch
> back to Windows XP Home edition and Office Small Business 2003. I find
> that
> the Word and Excel files I have saved on my imac will not open in Word or
> Excel in M/S Office Small Business. I have tried transferring the files
> between machines as e-mail attachments and have also physically moved them
> using a memory stick but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how I can
> regain access to these files on my new system
> --
> Keith B

In Word 2003 search Help for Macintosh Word.

In Excel 2003 search Help for Macintosh Excel.

In may want to post your questions in a newsgroup for Word and/or Excel.

Don