Wayne & The Pinball Factory out of business!

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Since we like to have to have wagers on other less important things
(such as when the BBB pinball game will ship), I thought maybe we
should all guess the exact date when "The Pinball Factory' will go out
of business. And when, if ever, it will ship its 1000th machine? By
the way--who thought of the name 'The Pinball Factory'? My 6 year old
could have been much more creative.

I guess it will be out of business by December 31, 2006--And the 1000th
shipped machine will be....never. Either Stern or Wayne will be gone
by then...and my money is on Stern being the one that survives. The
worst possible thing would be if they both drove each other out of
business.

Anybody else wanna guess?

I hope they all make an ass ton of money and can afford to make great
games for ever.
I hope none of them go out of business.
I hope Wayne does really well and makes games the quality of
williams/Bally.
I hope the competition forces stern to make better games that dont feel
so cheap.

Why in the hell would you want him to crash and burn?!?!?!
GEEZE I thought I had a negative attitude, some of the people on this
group make me look like a motivational speaker!
I hope he makes millions and a ton of games!
By the way JOJO where is your factory located and what did your 6 year
old name it?

Instead of these little piss ant posts How about a post like " Boy I
hope Wayne makes great pins and his bussiness grows!"
instead of " boy I can't wait till he tanks so I can make fun of him!"
Willy

One thing is for sure>>>>There is no way they can both survive. The
current market for pinball cannot support it. My bet is Stern is the
one that makes it. They've got proven successful games and a great
staff. Wayne has zero history--sorry, but you can't count Bally's
history--and he's in aussie land...2 of the many negatives. I wish
they could both survive--but there's no chance. March 15th 2007

jojo wrote:
> Since we like to have to have wagers on other less important things
> (such as when the BBB pinball game will ship), I thought maybe we
> should all guess the exact date when "The Pinball Factory' will go out
> of business. And when, if ever, it will ship its 1000th machine? By
> the way--who thought of the name 'The Pinball Factory'? My 6 year old
> could have been much more creative.
>
> I guess it will be out of business by December 31, 2006--And the 1000th
> shipped machine will be....never. Either Stern or Wayne will be gone
> by then...and my money is on Stern being the one that survives. The
> worst possible thing would be if they both drove each other out of
> business.
>
> Anybody else wanna guess?

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I Hope Wayne & Gene Both do well & give us more of what we want,
I really shouldnt say anything until I SEE RESULTS,, So Far only seen
people taking sides & swipes at one or the other,,, LET THERE BE
PINBALL !!!!

Pin-Del,

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey, I wish they could both survive too. I hate to tell you this Willy
or whatever your name is but there is no-one that wants pinball to
survive more than me( I have over 30 pristine games in my home). But
if Stern is selling approx 10,000 games a year(what the market demands)
and if He and Wayne split the market and both sell 5000 machines a year
then guess what?--They both go out of business. If you can't have a
little fun on the board and enjoy a little entertainment from guessing
what the future holds than you are way too anal...try relaxing a
little. Only one of them will survive...this isn't the 90's anymore.
I would just like to see one of them make it and not have them both go
under.

bigmoney wrote:
> Why in the hell would you want him to crash and burn?!?!?!
> GEEZE I thought I had a negative attitude, some of the people on this
> group make me look like a motivational speaker!
> I hope he makes millions and a ton of games!
> By the way JOJO where is your factory located and what did your 6 year
> old name it?
>
> Instead of these little piss ant posts How about a post like " Boy I
> hope Wayne makes great pins and his bussiness grows!"
> instead of " boy I can't wait till he tanks so I can make fun of him!"
> Willy

You know where I am on the Wayne subject...I think he (Wayne) puts out
more hot air than a bad fart.

I want pinball to grow, survive, thrive in a big way.

However, with Wayne I will "believe it" when I "see it." Lets be
realistic here pinheads, Wayne has:

1) No manufacturing experience on any major or minor scale
2) No track record except for running a pin shop out of strip shopping
center
3) No major pin designers anywhere near him
4) No experience in an assembly line
5) No dealer network

(Damn that probably doesn't even begin to cover it - but it's a start)

The "Pinball Factory" is a dumb name, and indicative of the amatuerish
nature of this new pinball messiah.

Stern will crush Wayne like a bug - He is in way over his head :)

BRETT B

jojo wrote:
> Hey, I wish they could both survive too. I hate to tell you this Willy
> or whatever your name is but there is no-one that wants pinball to
> survive more than me( I have over 30 pristine games in my home). But
> if Stern is selling approx 10,000 games a year(what the market demands)
> and if He and Wayne split the market and both sell 5000 machines a year
> then guess what?--They both go out of business. If you can't have a
> little fun on the board and enjoy a little entertainment from guessing
> what the future holds than you are way too anal...try relaxing a
> little. Only one of them will survive...this isn't the 90's anymore.
> I would just like to see one of them make it and not have them both go
> under.
>

> bigmoney wrote:
> > Why in the hell would you want him to crash and burn?!?!?!
> > GEEZE I thought I had a negative attitude, some of the people on this
> > group make me look like a motivational speaker!
> > I hope he makes millions and a ton of games!
> > By the way JOJO where is your factory located and what did your 6 year
> > old name it?
> >
> > Instead of these little piss ant posts How about a post like " Boy I
> > hope Wayne makes great pins and his bussiness grows!"
> > instead of " boy I can't wait till he tanks so I can make fun of him!"
> > Willy

What has Wayne done so far??? Absolutely nothing. He won't even let a

fellow rgp'er help him with a new web site--very sad. I can't stand
people who think they know it all and thats exactly the type of guy I
think Wayne is.

Yea your captain positive ! I still want to know where your pinball
factory is located?

jojo wrote:
> Hey, I wish they could both survive too. I hate to tell you this Willy
> or whatever your name is but there is no-one that wants pinball to
> survive more than me( I have over 30 pristine games in my home). But
> if Stern is selling approx 10,000 games a year(what the market demands)
> and if He and Wayne split the market and both sell 5000 machines a year
> then guess what?--They both go out of business. If you can't have a
> little fun on the board and enjoy a little entertainment from guessing
> what the future holds than you are way too anal...try relaxing a
> little. Only one of them will survive...this isn't the 90's anymore.
> I would just like to see one of them make it and not have them both go
> under.
>

> bigmoney wrote:
> > Why in the hell would you want him to crash and burn?!?!?!
> > GEEZE I thought I had a negative attitude, some of the people on this
> > group make me look like a motivational speaker!
> > I hope he makes millions and a ton of games!
> > By the way JOJO where is your factory located and what did your 6 year
> > old name it?
> >
> > Instead of these little piss ant posts How about a post like " Boy I
> > hope Wayne makes great pins and his bussiness grows!"
> > instead of " boy I can't wait till he tanks so I can make fun of him!"
> > Willy

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What would you name it? I mean, it's not a bad name at all. But, OK,
I'll play...

-In order-
(BBB will ship in Nov.)
Jan. 1, 2019
Mar. 7, 2008

BTW, I have hope that Wayne will make Stern better. No! Stop. Reverse
that... No, wait...Oh yeah, who cares?! Competition breeds life.

OldSchool

Um, don't you have some practicing to do, sir, so that you don't get
schooled on your own machines *again*?

Here's a tip: if you can shoot the eject in Rolling Stones (it's to
the left of Mick's, uh, "visage") twice in one game, you'll get an
extra ball! You should try it, like I did, you know, for something
different! ;)

Phil, thanks again for playing host to my sorry self. Great
collection, and a stinking *beautiful* Farfalla. Don't let that one
go, my friend.

So, um, when I come back next month, am I going to have to *let* you
win on Globetrotters again, or will you be showing some skill? ;)

Aron (being as nice as he can, while being true to himself...not easy)

"Cayle George" <caylegeorge@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I hope they all make an ass ton of money and can afford to make great
> games for ever.
> I hope none of them go out of business.
> I hope Wayne does really well and makes games the quality of
> williams/Bally.
> I hope the competition forces stern to make better games that dont feel
> so cheap.

I agree.
I wish the best of luck to Wayne and I hope both manfacturers remain/become
successful in feeding our habits!

-- Ed

Well from what I hear from people jumping ship is Stern may still be
around but without Gary at the helm, Betsons might be the new name in
pinball.

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well you know, if I beat people too badly, they don't wanna come back
:^)

But really, thanks Aron. I haven't had that much fun playing my (not
for sale) games in a long time. What time did you get home, 4:00am? You
young whipper-snappers are just too wild for me :^)

OldSchool

Names...Hmmmm....

How about PINBALL 2000? Damn, already been there and donw that!

How about FLIPPERS R US? Wayne could have some cool tie-in toys
included with every pinball sold!

Any other ideas to help Wayne out?

BRETT B

whoa!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

On 21 Jun 2005 20:28:23 -0700, "jojo" <russjo97@charter.net> wrote:
>should all guess the exact date when "The Pinball Factory' will go out
>of business.

September 22, 2007 was written in a Franklin Planner® recovered from
an Afghanistan cave, left by the Taliban. In addition, this date was
confirmed using the Bible Code, and the writings of Nostradumbass.

>And when, if ever, it will ship its 1000th machine?

"My Sources Say No", Magic 8-Ball®

Freeman
I would rather be happy then right.