Emachines el1333g-01w

jrniteowl

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Hello,
I want to upgrade my pc. I have a emachine model el1333g-01w with a emachine WMCP61M motherboard.It has a Nvidia Nforce 6100-430 chipset and a AMD Athlon 2850e singel core 1.8 ghz,AM2 socketed CPU.The motherboard has a AM2 standard socket and I think that is considered 1.0 one more thing about the socket is that I think its also know as a 940 pin socket.If you need to know what the GPU is I can give that info too if need be.So to the ?.... What I would like to know is can I upgrade the CPU and if I can what is the max the board can handel with the socket it has>..One more comment I have tried the Emachine support site and even called the support phone number sevrel time over the past week and got nowhere so please don't tell me to contact them they don't help for *** "sorry for the word"but it is agerfating (spelled wrong) If need be contact me at <I can provide more info on just about any thing regarding this letter>
Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help will be great.

Found a post where someone upgraded your model PC with a Dual-Core BE-2400 like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103215, so that should work.

Basically don't spend more than $100 upgrading the thing, get a new or a better used PC. Note that the video card and RAM will probably also need to be upgraded to do anything much with the PC, which pretty much means that you need to get a new PC.