browse web site problem

August 9, 2005 2:38:38 PM

I have just installed SP2 for my WinXP.
I have problem on downloading web site.
It is able to ping www.yahoo.com from the MSDOS command shell.
So, the connection and DNS setting should be OK.
Which parameters should I check for both WinXP and IE6.0?
Thanx
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:07:10 AM

What are you trying to download, some zip files? Or do you mean you that
Internet Explorer cannot show that web site? If so, can you access the site
if you type full url like http://www.yahoo.com instead of simple
www.yahoo.com? Do you have problems with other web sites?

"dh" <a@mail.com> wrote in message
news:o KW2VnQnFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have just installed SP2 for my WinXP.
> I have problem on downloading web site.
> It is able to ping www.yahoo.com from the MSDOS command shell.
> So, the connection and DNS setting should be OK.
> Which parameters should I check for both WinXP and IE6.0?
> Thanx

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:07:11 AM

Yes, only all about viewing website, not downloading any zip files.
It doesnt make any different by entering with or without http://
Have this problem for all web sites.
Finally, it is dns error.
Thanx

"News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
> What are you trying to download, some zip files? Or do you mean you that
> Internet Explorer cannot show that web site? If so, can you access the
> site if you type full url like http://www.yahoo.com instead of simple
> www.yahoo.com? Do you have problems with other web sites?
>

> "dh" <a@mail.com> wrote in message
> news:o KW2VnQnFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>I have just installed SP2 for my WinXP.
>> I have problem on downloading web site.
>> It is able to ping www.yahoo.com from the MSDOS command shell.
>> So, the connection and DNS setting should be OK.
>> Which parameters should I check for both WinXP and IE6.0?
>> Thanx

August 10, 2005 1:07:12 AM

You can try:

CMD ---> ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear out the DNS Resolver Cache and start it "fresh".

> Yes, only all about viewing website, not downloading any zip files.
> It doesnt make any different by entering with or without http://
> Have this problem for all web sites.
> Finally, it is dns error.
> Thanx
>
> "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
>> What are you trying to download, some zip files? Or do you mean you that
>> Internet Explorer cannot show that web site? If so, can you access the
>> site if you type full url like http://www.yahoo.com instead of simple
>> www.yahoo.com? Do you have problems with other web sites?
>>

>> "dh" <a@mail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o KW2VnQnFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>I have just installed SP2 for my WinXP.
>>> I have problem on downloading web site.
>>> It is able to ping www.yahoo.com from the MSDOS command shell.
>>> So, the connection and DNS setting should be OK.
>>> Which parameters should I check for both WinXP and IE6.0?
>>> Thanx

August 10, 2005 1:07:12 AM

check the security settings in internet explorer by going to tool > options.
make sure they are all set to default, not custom.

"dh" wrote:

> Yes, only all about viewing website, not downloading any zip files.
> It doesnt make any different by entering with or without http://
> Have this problem for all web sites.
> Finally, it is dns error.
> Thanx
>
> "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
> > What are you trying to download, some zip files? Or do you mean you that
> > Internet Explorer cannot show that web site? If so, can you access the
> > site if you type full url like http://www.yahoo.com instead of simple
> > www.yahoo.com? Do you have problems with other web sites?
> >

> > "dh" <a@mail.com> wrote in message
> > news:o KW2VnQnFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >>I have just installed SP2 for my WinXP.
> >> I have problem on downloading web site.
> >> It is able to ping www.yahoo.com from the MSDOS command shell.
> >> So, the connection and DNS setting should be OK.
> >> Which parameters should I check for both WinXP and IE6.0?
> >> Thanx

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:07:13 AM

you mean Tool->Internet Option->Advance?
Thanx

"Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> check the security settings in internet explorer by going to tool >
> options.
> make sure they are all set to default, not custom.
>
> "dh" wrote:
>
>> Yes, only all about viewing website, not downloading any zip files.
>> It doesnt make any different by entering with or without http://
>> Have this problem for all web sites.
>> Finally, it is dns error.
>> Thanx
>>
>> "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
>> > What are you trying to download, some zip files? Or do you mean you
>> > that
>> > Internet Explorer cannot show that web site? If so, can you access the
>> > site if you type full url like http://www.yahoo.com instead of simple
>> > www.yahoo.com? Do you have problems with other web sites?
>> >

>> > "dh" <a@mail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o KW2VnQnFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:07:14 AM

Sometimes, the status bar would show an extra www and .net are sticked to
the head and the tail of the URL.

!