HP Pavilion

I need some advice. I am very computer literate but dealing with HP
is driving me crazy. I have an HP Pavilion ZT1195 notebook computer.
One day the hard drive started making clicking noises. So I powered
it down and put the exact brand and type of hard drive back into it
(travelstar 40GB). The BIOS refused to see the drive so I upgraded
the BIOS and still no luck. I pop in my HP Recovery CDs and still no
luck. If I put the drive into my Compaq Evo notebook and then try the
Recovery CDs everything is fine. Then I try to put the drive back
into the HP Pavilion and it still cant detect the hard drive. Does
it sound like a hard rive controller problem.?

Joe

Potentially a hard drive controller problem. Does the drive need any sort of
mounting hardware to install in the HP? Were any jumpers set on the new drive?
Usually notebook drives have no jumpers on them... Ben Myers

On 1 Jun 2005 15:31:37 -0400, joeglobal@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
(JoeGlobal) wrote:

>I need some advice. I am very computer literate but dealing with HP
>is driving me crazy. I have an HP Pavilion ZT1195 notebook computer.
> One day the hard drive started making clicking noises. So I powered
>it down and put the exact brand and type of hard drive back into it
>(travelstar 40GB). The BIOS refused to see the drive so I upgraded
>the BIOS and still no luck. I pop in my HP Recovery CDs and still no
>luck. If I put the drive into my Compaq Evo notebook and then try the
>Recovery CDs everything is fine. Then I try to put the drive back
>into the HP Pavilion and it still cant detect the hard drive. Does
>it sound like a hard rive controller problem.?
>
>Joe

TRENDING THREADS