FunHouse: How Many Here Have One?

What is your favorite part of the game while playing?

TexasSteven

I love the Gangway & getting the milllion shot in Rudy's mouth

Who cares? I like putting the "million sperm shot" in your mom's mouth.

Hey John,

Funny that you mention your wife thinking he's creepy! I'm
contemplating getting a FH, and my wife is giving it a big thumbs-down
due to the "creepy talking head." I'm not a big RoadShow fan, but
Funhouse is a great one IMO.

Ben

I dig mine

I don't know if I can pick a favorite part of the game, mine needs restored
so I don't play it a lot but I've played a lot of FH, which is why I snagged
mine.

I really like the way Rudy follows the ball around. My wife thinks he is
creepy.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is your favorite part of the game while playing?
>
> TexasSteven
>
> I love the Gangway & getting the milllion shot in Rudy's mouth

Same thing here. I'm looking for a FH, however my wife thinks that Rudy
is evil and was convinced when she saw the FH in one of the "Chucky"
movies. She'd prefer not having Rudy in the house. She loves the RS,
until Red starts bad-mouthing her missed shots. Then she starts
threatening to take Red out.

Joe

Yes, first one that went into the back of
my first 20ft container.

RIP, Rudy...

Fred
TX
CARGPB38
---------------------------------

TexasSteven wrote:
> What is your favorite part of the game while playing?

I've had my FH for about a year and a half now. Still gets lots of
play.

(Rudy Gulp) "Ptooie!!!"

Ted

TexasSteven wrote:

> What is your favorite part of the game while playing?
>
> TexasSteven
>
> I love the Gangway & getting the milllion shot in Rudy's mouth

Of course when Rudy screams after getting the million plus shot into the
trap door.

Ed

BWAGNER5150 wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> Funny that you mention your wife thinking he's creepy! I'm
> contemplating getting a FH, and my wife is giving it a big thumbs-down
> due to the "creepy talking head." I'm not a big RoadShow fan, but
> Funhouse is a great one IMO.
>
> Ben

I've also been looking to add a FH, however my wife thinks that Rudy is
evil. This was confirmed when she saw FH and Rudy in one of the
"Chucky" movies. She loves RS, until Red starts bad-mouthing her missed
shots. She's threatened to take Red out!!!

Joe

How did your cargpb number jump so high Fred!? :)

Fred Kemper wrote:
> Yes, first one that went into the back of
> my first 20ft container.
>
> RIP, Rudy...
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB38
> ---------------------------------
>
> TexasSteven wrote:
>
>>What is your favorite part of the game while playing?

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

What's REALLY freaky is when he opens his eyes and starts talkin'to ya
about something other than the game and on top of that, the machine
isn't even plugged in!

Tim

BWAGNER5150 wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> Funny that you mention your wife thinking he's creepy! I'm
> contemplating getting a FH, and my wife is giving it a big thumbs-down
> due to the "creepy talking head." I'm not a big RoadShow fan, but
> Funhouse is a great one IMO.
>
> Ben

alex

I have two! It's the best game ever. Gotta love that right gangway shot
and getting a 3 way combo. I always get a kick out of Rudy screaming
for the jackpot.

Alex

Bally Tim wrote:
> What's REALLY freaky is when he opens his eyes and starts talkin'to ya
> about something other than the game and on top of that, the machine
> isn't even plugged in!
>
> Tim
>
> BWAGNER5150 wrote:
> > Hey John,
> >
> > Funny that you mention your wife thinking he's creepy! I'm
> > contemplating getting a FH, and my wife is giving it a big thumbs-down
> > due to the "creepy talking head." I'm not a big RoadShow fan, but
> > Funhouse is a great one IMO.
> >
> > Ben

Andy

I love the whole package - The sounds, lights, Rudy's eyes following the
ball. I like the progressive jackpot by hitting the ramp, the lock shot,
then back into the trap door for more. I like the fact that the game goes
crazy when you do well. Real good flow too.

Best of all, I like that mine has been completely restored. Pics here:

http://www.charlottepinball.com

Andy

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is your favorite part of the game while playing?
>
> TexasSteven
>
> I love the Gangway & getting the milllion shot in Rudy's mouth

Even though mines a bit beat up
www.pinball.photosite.com
I love it.I have six pins-4 one side of the room.On the other RS and
Rudy.Wifey don't like mannequins/dolls/clowns etc.Guess that's why I
have these two!!!!
A really great game FH.Repro pf's would be cool/
And the FH dmd
well..........

Chrispoibug

Ooops...should of said I've had mine for about 2 1/2 years. It was my
second pin and I've purchased 9 different pins since.

Ted

My fav pin of all time. My wife and I played it almost every weekend
together way back in '93, always wanted to own one and finally got it
about 6 mos. ago. She plays it almost every day and has the highest
score at ~22 mil. She obviously doesn't find Rudy creepy and
fortunately neither do my 3-y-o or 1.5-y-o boys - phew!

Shot-wise, I love shooting the trap door loop and then hitting the trap
door bonus, esp. when you do the loop 2 or more times - the gradually
intensifying sound effect is really cool. I also love right flipper -
ramp - left flipper - hidden hallway sequence -- great flow. Awesome,
awesome game - will never leave my house.

-- Jim (C*V, F*H, WH2@)

TexasSteven wrote:
> What is your favorite part of the game while playing?
>
> TexasSteven
>
> I love the Gangway & getting the milllion shot in Rudy's mouth

Hmm. Dr Pepper on that keyboard! :)

--
Fred
TX

In article <1119484967.008505.149940@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "rudy gulp ptooie" <t.mottor@comcast.net> wrote:
>Ooops...should of said I've had mine for about 2 1/2 years. It was my
>second pin and I've purchased 9 different pins since.
>
>Ted

Ted,

Funny, but when I read your original post claiming that it had only been 1 1/2
years since you bought your FH, I thought, "Dang! That CAN'T be right!" I
knew it had to be longer than that! Thanks for the clarification: Now I know
I'm not losing my mind!

I remember when you bought the game you were a little concerned that you had
"overpaid". Man, what a difference a couple of years makes with regards to
pin pricing, huh! Your game - in the condition that it's in - is easliy
worth more now than when you paid for it. Not to honk my own horn, or
anything like that, but I guess I like to think that I was a good influence in
your decision making process back in the day! :)

Take care!
Jeff Giesting

S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/

Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

Jeff,

Absolutely!!! You were a fanstastic source of knowledge and
encouragement to "take the plunge" in that FH deal. Back in late 2002,
paying $3k (plus shipping and crating costs) was still considered an
almost unheard of price for that pin. Most FH's in decent/acceptable
condition were still in the $1,800-$2,200 range with better ones
fetching prices in the $2,200-$2,800 range. I'll admit I thought I was
crazy to pay as much as I did, even if it was the best FH I had ever
seen. You definitely helped me get over my "buyer's remorse" very
quickly. Today, just 2 1/2 years later, it is not uncommon to see FH's
sell for much more than $3k. I still think the FH that TreasureCove
sold through Ebay (topping $5k) was the turning point. That broke new
ground and prices have been skyrocketing ever since (for examples in
top condition). I still have a hard time believing the $9.5k that
Grover recently got for his. That thing must be unbelievable, but that
price is pretty unbelievable as well. Yikes!!! While I paid a lot for
mine at the time, it certainly seems like a "bargain" today. It is a
super nice example (bright cab colors, clearcoated pf, no broken
plastics, etc.) and I'm so happy to have it in my collection.

I will also give you lots of credit (or blame from my wife's
prospective) for feeding my pin fremzy in the last couple of years.
Your detailed analysis on each game was always right on the mark. I
still have several of the emails you sent me describing why you liked
(or loathed) certain titles. I have also checked out your website to
see your pin lineup and have always been impressed with the quality and
quantity of your machines (with just a couple exceptions...not a big
fan of AP...although I know you no longer have that one). : )

Once I purchased the FH, I was "off to the races". As I mentioned, in
the past 2 1/2 years I've purchased a total of 10 pins. I already had
a TAF, added the FH, and then proceeded to acquire the following: TSPP,
WW, Centaur, TZ, Shadow, AFM, CFTBL, Whirlwind and NGG. I resold the
TAF (was my only pin for 5 years and I got bored with it) and Centaur
(very cool, but a bit too "old school" and simplistic for my liking),
but still have a lineup of the 9 others I mentioned. I think our
tastes in pins are very similar and I thank you for your guidance.
That's what's great about RGP...good people sharing lots of valuable
info that eventually turns relative newbies into experienced
collectors.

Ted

In article <1119539219.945206.80960@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "rudy gulp ptooie" <t.mottor@comcast.net> wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Absolutely!!! You were a fanstastic source of knowledge and
>encouragement to "take the plunge" in that FH deal.
>
>I will also give you lots of credit (or blame from my wife's
>prospective) for feeding my pin fremzy in the last couple of years.
>Your detailed analysis on each game was always right on the mark. I
>still have several of the emails you sent me describing why you liked
>(or loathed) certain titles. I have also checked out your website to
>see your pin lineup and have always been impressed with the quality and
>quantity of your machines (with just a couple exceptions...not a big
>fan of AP...although I know you no longer have that one). : )
>
>but still have a lineup of the 9 others I mentioned. I think our
>tastes in pins are very similar and I thank you for your guidance.
>That's what's great about RGP...good people sharing lots of valuable
>info that eventually turns relative newbies into experienced
>collectors.
>
>Ted

Ted,

Thanks for the kinds words! It's always a lot of fun corresponding
with other pinheads; especially those who are as sincere as you were during
your early searches. I could feel your passion for pinball staring to
build in those emails you sent back in the day! I knew you would soon
become one of us! :)

Keep on havin' fun!