Disk error checking problem

Hello,

I am having a problem with disk error checking. Whenever I run it, it tells
me that it will perform the check when I restart my computer. I then restart
and the disk checking goes into a loop which keeps restarting the computer
and then starts checking again for errors. Then it restarts again and then
again. It never completes the error checking. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Try running it from the Recovery Console by booting the WinXP CD and hitting
'r' when prompted. From the prompt, run 'chkdsk c: /r'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone