Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello eveyone,

I know this sounds weird, but.....
I've noticed that the shadow underneath the text of my desktop icons seem
to leave a small image when they are moved. It seems to happen a lot if an
underscore _ is part of the text.

For example if I have an icon called install_street, and I then move the
icon, the shadow of the underscore will stay where it is.

If I then move any icon over the underscore it will disapear.

Any ideas to what is causing this, what I can do to resolve this, or
pointers to where I can find an answer.

Thanks
Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a software issue. Does this also happen when you
use a different monitor with your computer?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"adam" <prowl*ngt*gerathotma*ldotcom> wrote in message
> Hello eveyone,
>
> I know this sounds weird, but.....
> I've noticed that the shadow underneath the text of my desktop icons seem
> to leave a small image when they are moved. It seems to happen a lot if an
> underscore _ is part of the text.
>
> For example if I have an icon called install_street, and I then move the
> icon, the shadow of the underscore will stay where it is.
>
> If I then move any icon over the underscore it will disapear.
>
> Any ideas to what is causing this, what I can do to resolve this, or
> pointers to where I can find an answer.
>
> Thanks
> Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"adam" <prowl*ngt*gerathotma*ldotcom> wrote:

|>Hello eveyone,
|>
|>I know this sounds weird, but.....
|>I've noticed that the shadow underneath the text of my desktop icons seem
|>to leave a small image when they are moved. It seems to happen a lot if an
|>underscore _ is part of the text.
|>
|>For example if I have an icon called install_street, and I then move the
|>icon, the shadow of the underscore will stay where it is.
|>
|>If I then move any icon over the underscore it will disapear.
|>
|>Any ideas to what is causing this, what I can do to resolve this, or
|>pointers to where I can find an answer.

Not refreshing right, if you hit F5 it should disappear, upgrade your
video drivers.
--

Ted wrote:
Does this also happen when you use a different monitor with your
computer?

I'm going try a different monitor over the weekend.

Pennywise wrote:
upgrade your video drivers.

Done that. Made no difference.

As a temporary solution I did discover that if I went into "system
properties and unchecked "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"
the problem goes away.

Adam

TRENDING THREADS