When watching DVDs or listening to music from MP3 on the hard drive, the
performance is jerky. This happens using WMP and RealPlayer both. I used
TaskManager to see if there was any resident stuff and eliminated
antispyware and a few other programs, but nothing shows on the list. I ran
Process Explorer from SysInternals.com and it shows 19-35 % of the CPU
capacity from "Interrupts". What can be causing this stuttering or jerky
performance.

By the way, I have run AntiSpyware scans of the system from SpyBot S&D,
SpyWare Doctor, and MS AntiSpyware. Norton Antivirus is installed and
running as is ZoneAlarm PRO.

Dick C.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:59:26 -0400, "Rick C." <Rick@cmc.us> wrote:

>When watching DVDs or listening to music from MP3 on the hard drive, the
>performance is jerky. This happens using WMP and RealPlayer both. I used
>TaskManager to see if there was any resident stuff and eliminated
>antispyware and a few other programs, but nothing shows on the list. I ran
>Process Explorer from SysInternals.com and it shows 19-35 % of the CPU
>capacity from "Interrupts". What can be causing this stuttering or jerky
>performance.
>
>By the way, I have run AntiSpyware scans of the system from SpyBot S&D,
>SpyWare Doctor, and MS AntiSpyware. Norton Antivirus is installed and
>running as is ZoneAlarm PRO.
>
>Dick C.

Make sure DMA is turned on for the DVD drive and harddrive. I expect
your problem is caused by Norton Antivirus though, disable it when
playing DVD's and MP3 files.