Received item from KGS_BULLDOGS

Hi all! I had asked the group what they thought about my long wait for
an item I had won from kgs_bulldogs on Ebay. Even though it had been
over two weeks at that time (over three total) everyone said that he
was a reputable seller, and to give it a little more time. Well, I got
the item last week in the mail. I was very happy to see it. I even
left positive feedback, as he was apparently very ill for awhile.
However, he has yet to leave positive feedback for me, despite multiple
requests. I just don't get this? He's not the only one either! I pay
for ALL my items won the VERY DAY the item ends. I leave feedback AS
SOON as the item comes and I can see that it is as described. Do other
Ebay'rs no longer feel that feedback is important? I am awaiting MY
feedback on FOUR items, including the one from kgs_bulldogs. Another
one is from retrogameconnection here in PA. There was some delay at
the post office (dated that it WAS mailed promplty) and I got the item
several days ago now. Left feedback for them, have asked twice for my
return feedback, and STILL no feedback. Is this a new trend? To me,
that's bad finishing of the deal. Feedback is the ONLY thing that we
have to go by on Ebay, so it's pretty important in my book. Apparently
not so for some other people. What do you guys think?
-Al
13 answers Last reply
More about received item kgs_bulldogs

    Left feedback for them, have asked twice for my
    > return feedback, and STILL no feedback. Is this a new trend? To me,
    > that's bad finishing of the deal. Feedback is the ONLY thing that we
    > have to go by on Ebay, so it's pretty important in my book. Apparently
    > not so for some other people. What do you guys think?
    > -Al

    If I am the buyer, I never leave feedback until the seller leaves
    feedback. When I pay promptly, I complete my obligation and should
    receive feedback from the seller for doing so. Most sellers don't do
    this. As a result, they miss out on positive feedback from me. I guess
    they just don't care or want to be able to retaliate in case I were to
    leave negative feedback. The ebay system should force the seller to
    leave feedback first. That would result in a more meaningful ratings
    system. But then again, ebay is set up to benefit the seller.

    Ed

    There are some sellers (and buyers for that matter) that NEVER leave
    feedback. There are even some that like to leave negative feedback for
    people that have 100% positive even if everything went fine.

    I know of at least 6 Ebay transactions that I have never gotten feedback on
    even though I have left positive. Don't get all worked up over it...it's
    not worth it.

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Hi John,
    I used to leave feedback right after payment, but got
    burned four times. After that, I do not leave feedback until after
    feedback has been left from me. It works out rather well, except there
    is still people out there that do not have a clue the way the whole
    system works and how customer service works. They will leave you a
    nuetral or negative no matter what and may not even reply to emails. It
    is called thick headed, stubborn, stupid, etc. take your pick, these
    people exist.
    BTW, thanks for your service with the ROMs, I look forward to doing
    future business with you.
    Mattax

    More bad news re: feedback - if you are a power seller, they will
    simply remove the feedback for $20 - no mediation involved.

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:49:20 -0400, Ed Faerman <efaerman@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >If I am the buyer, I never leave feedback until the seller leaves
    >feedback. When I pay promptly, I complete my obligation and should
    >receive feedback from the seller for doing so. Most sellers don't do
    >this. As a result, they miss out on positive feedback from me.

    My same exact philosophy as well.

    The feedback system is incredibly flawed. There's no doubt there. Some
    might call it worthless.

    I recently had someone leave me a negative (the 2nd ever in 2000+
    transactions) a month after I'd offered him a complete refund if he
    returned the item. He chose to not return the item and left me a
    negative. I left him a positive shortly after he paid. I don't think I
    was out of line for requesting the item be returned in exchange for a
    refund.

    Then, I get an e-mail from eBay's square trade offering to mediate and
    attempt to remove the feedback if I send them $29.95 - but if they
    remove the feedback he left for me, they remove the feedback I left for
    him, too, and he has to agree to it.

    So, let's see, I send them $29.95, they ask him if he will agree to
    mediate, he says no - I'm out $29.95 and still have the negative

    Maybe he mediates, but learns he loses his positive if they take my
    negative away - then he says no.

    The feedback system is incredibly flawed if you can _pay_ to have
    negative feedback removed. Why don't they just _sell_ the positive
    feedback while they're at it?

    I've dealt with a large number of sellers who don't leave feedback until
    the buyer leaves feedback. Their logic there is the buyer leaving a
    positive means they accept the item and are happy with the transaction,
    so the seller leaves a positive too, and the transaction is complete.

    I personally leave feedback in batches. Once every few weeks, I leave
    feedback for folks, and attempt to do it all at once. I've investigated
    some of the seller packages that handle the feedback for you, I may
    consider that in the future.

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    Ben wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:49:20 -0400, Ed Faerman <efaerman@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>If I am the buyer, I never leave feedback until the seller leaves
    >>feedback. When I pay promptly, I complete my obligation and should
    >>receive feedback from the seller for doing so. Most sellers don't do
    >>this. As a result, they miss out on positive feedback from me.
    >

    > My same exact philosophy as well.

    I believe you only pay Square Trade if the neg is removed, either way it's
    pure bs and an incredibly flawed system.

    GRY

    "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
    > The feedback system is incredibly flawed. There's no doubt there. Some
    > might call it worthless.
    >
    > I recently had someone leave me a negative (the 2nd ever in 2000+
    > transactions) a month after I'd offered him a complete refund if he
    > returned the item. He chose to not return the item and left me a negative.
    > I left him a positive shortly after he paid. I don't think I was out of
    > line for requesting the item be returned in exchange for a refund.
    >
    > Then, I get an e-mail from eBay's square trade offering to mediate and
    > attempt to remove the feedback if I send them $29.95 - but if they remove
    > the feedback he left for me, they remove the feedback I left for him, too,
    > and he has to agree to it.
    >
    > So, let's see, I send them $29.95, they ask him if he will agree to
    > mediate, he says no - I'm out $29.95 and still have the negative
    >
    > Maybe he mediates, but learns he loses his positive if they take my
    > negative away - then he says no.
    >
    > The feedback system is incredibly flawed if you can _pay_ to have negative
    > feedback removed. Why don't they just _sell_ the positive feedback while
    > they're at it?
    >
    > I've dealt with a large number of sellers who don't leave feedback until
    > the buyer leaves feedback. Their logic there is the buyer leaving a
    > positive means they accept the item and are happy with the transaction, so
    > the seller leaves a positive too, and the transaction is complete.
    >
    > I personally leave feedback in batches. Once every few weeks, I leave
    > feedback for folks, and attempt to do it all at once. I've investigated
    > some of the seller packages that handle the feedback for you, I may
    > consider that in the future.
    >
    > -
    >
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > Ben wrote:
    >> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:49:20 -0400, Ed Faerman <efaerman@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>If I am the buyer, I never leave feedback until the seller leaves
    >>>feedback. When I pay promptly, I complete my obligation and should
    >>>receive feedback from the seller for doing so. Most sellers don't do
    >>>this. As a result, they miss out on positive feedback from me.
    >>

    >> My same exact philosophy as well.

    I sometimes do not leave feedback when I do not feel that I received
    good value for my money, or the item was not quite what was described,
    or the shipping was slow. Neg feedback is not warranted, but a neutral
    will get me a negative in return. I know because this happened twice to
    me.

    Chancing a revenge feedback response is just not worth it unless
    actual fraud was practiced.

    kul4skool1@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I sometimes do not leave feedback when I do not feel that I received
    > good value for my money, or the item was not quite what was described,
    > or the shipping was slow. Neg feedback is not warranted, but a neutral
    > will get me a negative in return. I know because this happened twice to
    > me.
    >
    > Chancing a revenge feedback response is just not worth it unless
    > actual fraud was practiced.

    Actually, if you keep record, you can wait exactly 90 days and then
    leave a negative feedback on a deadbeat/problem bidder/seller. They
    will not be able to retaliate, if you put it in at the last minute.
    But, I too, usually just don't leave any feedback, if I was unhappy
    with the transaction. It has kept me 100% pos (knock on wood...)
    Dave

    To Me , E-Bay is just what it is, A place to buy & sell , Just left a
    feed-back for a RGPer & havent seen one back, ( I only buy, Not sell on
    E-bay ) , If he returns the Favor, Great & if not <shrugs>, I'm not
    going to worry about it , But those sellers that use their 3000 plus
    sales in their ads should return the Token of a Good Word.

    Pin-Del,

    That isn't always true. Often the 90 day window may last a little longer.
    LTG :)

    <pinballholic@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Actually, if you keep record, you can wait exactly 90 days and then
    > leave a negative feedback on a deadbeat/problem bidder/seller. They
    > will not be able to retaliate, if you put it in at the last minute.

    > Dave

    Incredibly flawed??????
    Now that would depend, which side are you on? The one paying for
    feedback or the one receiving the money?
    E-bay has become absolutely corrupt, it sux....capitalizm @ it's
    finest, I sometimes wonder when the ball is going to crash down on
    them.
    They list fraudulent auction constantly......for example a BRAND NEW
    Motorcycle that MSRP is 10,000.00 with a buy it now of 995.00 e-bay
    knows it is not a valid auction but someone paid them 35.00 to list it
    so they do.
    I am so sick of their BS but it is a site that is a must for that hard
    to find item..........What's a boy to do?
    John, anyone who knows you already knows the score and that you are
    straight up so no worries if I were you!
    SUM IT UP E-BAY SUX!
    JeffreyZ

    John Wart, jr wrote:
    > The feedback system is incredibly flawed. There's no doubt there. Some
    > might call it worthless.
    >
    > I recently had someone leave me a negative (the 2nd ever in 2000+
    > transactions) a month after I'd offered him a complete refund if he
    > returned the item. He chose to not return the item and left me a
    > negative. I left him a positive shortly after he paid. I don't think I
    > was out of line for requesting the item be returned in exchange for a
    > refund.
    >
    > Then, I get an e-mail from eBay's square trade offering to mediate and
    > attempt to remove the feedback if I send them $29.95 - but if they
    > remove the feedback he left for me, they remove the feedback I left for
    > him, too, and he has to agree to it.
    >
    > So, let's see, I send them $29.95, they ask him if he will agree to
    > mediate, he says no - I'm out $29.95 and still have the negative
    >
    > Maybe he mediates, but learns he loses his positive if they take my
    > negative away - then he says no.
    >
    > The feedback system is incredibly flawed if you can _pay_ to have
    > negative feedback removed. Why don't they just _sell_ the positive
    > feedback while they're at it?
    >
    > I've dealt with a large number of sellers who don't leave feedback until
    > the buyer leaves feedback. Their logic there is the buyer leaving a
    > positive means they accept the item and are happy with the transaction,
    > so the seller leaves a positive too, and the transaction is complete.
    >
    > I personally leave feedback in batches. Once every few weeks, I leave
    > feedback for folks, and attempt to do it all at once. I've investigated
    > some of the seller packages that handle the feedback for you, I may
    > consider that in the future.
    >
    > -
    >
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > Ben wrote:
    > > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:49:20 -0400, Ed Faerman <efaerman@hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>If I am the buyer, I never leave feedback until the seller leaves
    > >>feedback. When I pay promptly, I complete my obligation and should
    > >>receive feedback from the seller for doing so. Most sellers don't do
    > >>this. As a result, they miss out on positive feedback from me.
    > >

    > > My same exact philosophy as well.

    John,

    You can do everything right regarding ebay transactions and still
    manage to upset someone.

    Hey, 2 out of 2000+ is just as good as 100% to most buyers. Continue
    to be a decent seller, that's all you can do.

    Regard, Cindy

Video Games