Toshiba DVD Player - Unsupported USB

timothyjones85

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hi there,

I have a Toshiba DVD Player (sd2010ky) which I managed to watch a divx movie on the other night through the USB port. I accidentally stood on the remote which stopped the movie and it hasn't started again since. I've tried several different USBs, with different file systems and I know it plays divx movies. My only thought is that it no longer works, but it doesn't make sense because it was working and accidentally stepping on the remote shouldn't have caused any lasting damage. Any suggestions?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Tim :)

Solution
Try to view a .jpg picture on the USB drive. If you are able to see the picture on the USB drive, then you will know that the USB drive/Toshiba player works.

If still no go, then remove power from the player for about 10 minutes, replug it and try again.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Try to view a .jpg picture on the USB drive. If you are able to see the picture on the USB drive, then you will know that the USB drive/Toshiba player works.

If still no go, then remove power from the player for about 10 minutes, replug it and try again.

Solution

timothyjones85

Honorable
May 2, 2012

Thanks suat, simply removing the power seems to have done the trick. Thank you!