Sign in with
Your question

Need help buying new laptop please

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 4, 2010 11:13:27 PM

Hey, I read the FAQ and I am really puzzled on what laptop to buy. Could anyone help me to chose the right laptop?

1_What is your budget? 700$ to 1000$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? At least 15"

3_What screen resolution do you want? It doesnt really matter to me.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement
laptop? I need a portable laptop

5_How much battery life do you need? Not very important to me. Anything goes really

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No I don't want to play games on this laptop.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) I want to do Photo and video editing and mostly watch movies and music downloading.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 320GB at least.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Not at all. Anything goes.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I need a DVD ROM writer/reader, but I reallly want a blu-ray reader.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Anything really. I just want a reasonable price-quality.

13_What country do you live in? Canada, Quebec.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm a student who wants to get this laptop as a graduation gift.

Thanks for the help in advance. It is really appreciated, as I don't know very much on computers/laptops.

julianb.

More about : buying laptop

January 7, 2010 12:43:28 AM

I have bought several laptops from a company out of Dallas now. www.computer-show.com I recommend this seller highly
!