Schedule Task

August 9, 2005 7:32:10 PM

I want to be able to create a scheduled task (to run defrag) on all my
Windows XP SP2 computers without having to access each one individually. Is
there a way to push this out to all the machines? I'm running a Win 2003
domain.

Thanks,
Enrique

More about : schedule task

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:26:33 AM

Hi Enrique,

As I know, we can deploy the scheduled task by GPO. To do it, you need to
create a .bat file, put it in the shared folder on the server, add this
bat file as a startup script in GPO, and then deploy this script. Please
make sure that all the domain users have local admin privileges.

To create such a script, you can refer to the following syntax:
AT 10:00 DEFRAG C:

For the detailed steps to assign user startup scripts, please refer to the
following article:

Assign user logon scripts
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
rHelp/65aa4e48-8b1f-42bc-b20f-64f67367dadc.mspx

Hope it helps.

In the meantime, I would like to let you know that this newsgroup is
focused on client operating system. For your question, it seems to be
related to server side and I would suggest you submit this question in
server newsgroups, such as microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting, as
where is best suitable to help you with the questions.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support