Schedule Task

I want to be able to create a scheduled task (to run defrag) on all my
Windows XP SP2 computers without having to access each one individually. Is
there a way to push this out to all the machines? I'm running a Win 2003
domain.

Thanks,
Enrique
1 answer Last reply
More about schedule task

    Hi Enrique,

    As I know, we can deploy the scheduled task by GPO. To do it, you need to
    create a .bat file, put it in the shared folder on the server, add this
    bat file as a startup script in GPO, and then deploy this script. Please
    make sure that all the domain users have local admin privileges.

    To create such a script, you can refer to the following syntax:
    AT 10:00 DEFRAG C:

    For the detailed steps to assign user startup scripts, please refer to the
    following article:

    Assign user logon scripts
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Serve
    rHelp/65aa4e48-8b1f-42bc-b20f-64f67367dadc.mspx

    Hope it helps.

    In the meantime, I would like to let you know that this newsgroup is
    focused on client operating system. For your question, it seems to be
    related to server side and I would suggest you submit this question in
    server newsgroups, such as microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting, as
    where is best suitable to help you with the questions.

    Regards,

    Ada Pan

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

Microsoft Windows XP