Problems With Dell Truemobile wireless Router and 1300 Wir..

Mike

Splendid

I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300 firmware
1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default configuration
for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170 using subnet
255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I don't remeber
password to access advanced settings for router. I believe in router
advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
\
Mike

you will probably need to reset the router to factory default then read the
instructions carefully so you can at least get a basic understanding of
what the numbers in an IP address means.

I always strongly suggest NOT using DHCP with a wireless router as you can
choose the 10.X .X.X subnet rather than 192. By using a static address such
as 10.45.34.23 for your router with a subnet mask of 255.255.255 a person
would need to find what address your router was in order to use your
network!
Wayne

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300
> firmware 1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
> and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
> notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
> static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default
> configuration for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170
> using subnet 255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I
> don't remeber password to access advanced settings for router. I believe
> in router advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
> \
> Mike

Mike

Splendid

I know what the numbers mean but I need toget into the router's advanced
settings to
change them. Good point about using a differewnt subnet and different ip
address series.

Mike]
'

"wayne" <komon@dgdg.sss> wrote in message
> you will probably need to reset the router to factory default then read
> the instructions carefully so you can at least get a basic understanding
> of what the numbers in an IP address means.
>
> I always strongly suggest NOT using DHCP with a wireless router as you can
> choose the 10.X .X.X subnet rather than 192. By using a static address
> such as 10.45.34.23 for your router with a subnet mask of 255.255.255 a
> person would need to find what address your router was in order to use
> your network!
> Wayne
>

> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300
>> firmware 1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
>> and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
>> notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
>> static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default
>> configuration for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170
>> using subnet 255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I
>> don't remeber password to access advanced settings for router. I believe
>> in router advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
>> \
>> Mike

TRENDING THREADS