DEMOLITION MAN opto flipper board and Knocker Assembly

I looked inside my Demolition Man last night and noticed the flipper
opto boards are gone and the side buttons are wired to a contact
switch. Also the Knocker assembly is missing. Can anyone take pictures
of the optp flipper assemblies, Knocker assembly and wiring so that I
can mount my new pieces. Also, if you have schematics to hook these up.

Thanks,

Mattax

How do I know if it was a reimport? I do know that it spent a lot of
time in a smoky bar. It still reeks of smoke. I plan to do a complete
shop as soon as I get all the parts I need for it. I am still missing
several parts that are not available or cannot track down.

I do not have a second pin.

I can see where the original flipper opto boards were mounted. But
could not locate where the knocker assembly mounted. If anyone can
send me pictures of both of these showing details of wiring and
possibly schematics, I would appreciate very much.

Hi,
okay, found where the knocker assembly used to be. But no
harness leading to it. Where does the harness connect?

Cannot find the manufacture bar code inside the cabinet only the SN
on the playfield.

I have a lot of work to do to this machine.

Thank you,

Matt

knocker assembly is in the backbox, usually the upper left corner.

Generally, you can tell if it's a reimport by reading the sticker on
the inside of the cabinet and finding the voltage.
If it says 220V, then it was most likely reimported from Europe.
Also, the coin door might have 1 or 3 coin slots, another give-away.
And, if you go into the settings and do a "factory reset", if it comes
up in some foreign language, it's probably a reimport. And if you
can't get it back to english settings, you might have to install a
couple jumpers on the MPU board. Not hard to do.

>How do I know if it was a reimport?

Look for an FCC sticker for US or "CE" sticker for other locations (FCC
was on the back lower cab, CE could be on the head)

>I do know that it spent a lot of time in a smoky bar. It still reeks of smoke.

Leave glass off and let it air out if set up, or open coin door with
small fan blowing through if left on end.

Knocker is in the head often on the upper left. It smacks the backbox.

Imports have a coin counter that can be disconnected and those wires go
back up to the knocker in the head.

Kirb

Do you have another game with flipper button opto boards ? If so check that,
wiring is the same.

If your game was a re-import, it may be using a coin meter instead of the
knocker. You'll have to remove that, then look around the corners of the
head, the two knocker wires should be up there somewhere. LTG :)

"Demolition Man" <tk487@tk487.com> wrote in message
> I looked inside my Demolition Man last night and noticed the flipper
> opto boards are gone and the side buttons are wired to a contact
> switch. Also the Knocker assembly is missing. Can anyone take pictures
> of the optp flipper assemblies, Knocker assembly and wiring so that I
> can mount my new pieces. Also, if you have schematics to hook these up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mattax

Philr

Demolition Man wrote:
> How do I know if it was a reimport? I do know that it spent a lot of
> time in a smoky bar. It still reeks of smoke. I plan to do a complete
> shop as soon as I get all the parts I need for it. I am still missing
> several parts that are not available or cannot track down.
Check the rear of the machine on serial# tag, see what the voltage says
> I do not have a second pin.
>
> I can see where the original flipper opto boards were mounted. But
> could not locate where the knocker assembly mounted. If anyone can
> send me pictures of both of these showing details of wiring and
> possibly schematics, I would appreciate very much.
Download manual/ schematics- Look on IPDB there are likely pics here
Good Luck

I'll send you a couple pictures. Knocker is to left corner of back box.

Go into solenoid test and you'll see knocker wiring is purple with black
stripe and red with brown stripe.
Page 3-14 of your manual has the flipper button opto board wiring in detail.

> How do I know if it was a reimport? I do know that it spent a lot of
> time in a smoky bar. It still reeks of smoke. I plan to do a complete
> shop as soon as I get all the parts I need for it. I am still missing
> several parts that are not available or cannot track down.
>
> I do not have a second pin.
>
> I can see where the original flipper opto boards were mounted. But
> could not locate where the knocker assembly mounted. If anyone can
> send me pictures of both of these showing details of wiring and
> possibly schematics, I would appreciate very much.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I still need to figure out if
the harness' are intact now that I know where the knocker assembly
connects. And need to figure out what they wired into when they
replaced the opto boards with contacts for the flipper buttoms.

Also need to see about the stickers to determine the origin of
the pin. I would say US due to the knocker assembly once being in the
machine. There is an FBI warning sticker in the back box. I need to see
what it says specifically.