CD writing task option

August 9, 2005 6:15:06 PM

my CD writing task option is missing when I insert a CD to try and erasse it.

More about : writing task option

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 8:26:45 PM

One can only erase a CD if the CD is a CD-RW and you
have a CD-RW drive installed.

How To Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306641

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"michelle" wrote:

| my CD writing task option is missing when I insert a CD to try and erasse it.
August 9, 2005 8:26:46 PM

I understand this. I do have a CDRW and also the drive is installed. It
just vanished because it used to be available.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> One can only erase a CD if the CD is a CD-RW and you
> have a CD-RW drive installed.
>
> How To Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306641
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "michelle" wrote:
>
> | my CD writing task option is missing when I insert a CD to try and erasse it.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:33:18 AM

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 03:35 pm, michelle had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I understand this. I do have a CDRW and also the drive is installed. It
> just vanished because it used to be available.

Strange how things just seem to vanish with that toy operating system. This
newsgroup is full of vanishing settings/devices/popup menus/etc. But don't
worry, someone here is sure to offer you enough assistance to keep you
struggling with XP. That's just how things work in the world of
MickeyMouse's eXPerience operating system.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.