Solved

Suggestions on Headphones for music

Hey guys, I just got the ASUS Xonar D2 sound card and wanted to grab a new pair of headphones to go with it. I want the headphones to perform optimally while listening to music, my budget is $100. I was looking at the Grado SR80i and the Sennheiser HD 238 but I would take any suggestions. Thanks very much.

-Sean
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suggestions headphones music
  1. Best answer
    Sennheiser HD 280 pro
    The best headphones cover the entire ear with a cup, you don't want headphones that press against the ear with a foam pad. The 280 is one of the best for under $100.
  2. After reading forums at head-fi.org for a day I decided to go with the Shure 750DJs, never read audiophile forums you will blow your budget =(
  3. Stax are not bad either, but can I afford $1600 for pair of headphones?
  4. For $1600 they should not only be not bad, they should be like hearing angles sing haha

The Shure 750DJs are pretty amazing, through they are the only pair of headphones I ever spent more than $50 on so I really have nothing to compare them to.
  5. the mroe you spend on headphones, the more you have to spend on amps :)
  6. I ended up buying the ASUS Xonar Essence STX with the built in headphone amp, it drives the 750DJs pretty well
  7. im sure it does :)
  8. Best answer selected by seanr111.
  9. Stax headphones are like hearing the angles sing. 4-50,000 hz electrostatic. They do sound killer.
  10. who knew japan could do do well, in the audio industry.
  11. who knew japan could do do well, in the audio industry.
  12. who knew japan could do do well, in the audio industry.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Headphones Music Sound Cards Audio