Re-install SP2 after repair install?

August 9, 2005 9:23:56 PM

Hi,

My computer came with Win XP Pro SP1 and I upgraded to SP2 via a download
earlier this year. I had to do a repair install from the SP1 CD-ROM to try
resolve booting problems and now it seems many of the SP2 features (e.g.,
firewall, pop-up blocker) are gone.

Do I need to re-install SP2? If so, where do I get it? Windows Update does
not seem to bring it up as an option.

What else should I watch for?

Thanks,

Gabriel
August 9, 2005 9:50:46 PM

In news:t9qdnaGpkd1ug2TfRVn-1g@megapath.net,
G.R. Toro <toro@riskengXYZ.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> My computer came with Win XP Pro SP1 and I upgraded to SP2 via a
> download earlier this year. I had to do a repair install from the
> SP1 CD-ROM to try to
> resolve booting problems and now it seems many of the SP2 features
> (e.g., firewall, pop-up blocker) are gone.
>
> Do I need to re-install SP2? If so, where do I get it? Windows
> Update does not seem to bring it up as an option.
>
> What else should I watch for?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gabriel

After a repair install you need to install all updates. I'm not at all sure
why the update site isn't offering it.

Get the XP SP2 CD for free:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

Galen