Re-install SP2 after repair install?

Hi,

My computer came with Win XP Pro SP1 and I upgraded to SP2 via a download
earlier this year. I had to do a repair install from the SP1 CD-ROM to try
resolve booting problems and now it seems many of the SP2 features (e.g.,
firewall, pop-up blocker) are gone.

Do I need to re-install SP2? If so, where do I get it? Windows Update does
not seem to bring it up as an option.

What else should I watch for?

Thanks,

Gabriel
1 answer Last reply
More about install repair install

    In news:t9qdnaGpkd1ug2TfRVn-1g@megapath.net,
    G.R. Toro <toro@riskengXYZ.com> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My computer came with Win XP Pro SP1 and I upgraded to SP2 via a
    > download earlier this year. I had to do a repair install from the
    > SP1 CD-ROM to try to
    > resolve booting problems and now it seems many of the SP2 features
    > (e.g., firewall, pop-up blocker) are gone.
    >
    > Do I need to re-install SP2? If so, where do I get it? Windows
    > Update does not seem to bring it up as an option.
    >
    > What else should I watch for?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gabriel

    After a repair install you need to install all updates. I'm not at all sure
    why the update site isn't offering it.

    Get the XP SP2 CD for free:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

    Galen