Help!! Keyboard & mouse stop responding

I desperately need help. Both my keyboard and mouse stop responding when
Windows starts. They work fine before Windows begins starting. Same
problem getting to Safemode. They work ok in Recovery Console.

The only error message I can see when Windows tries to start is with Ypops
client: "libcurl.dll is not a valid windows image".

TIA
Wdunmars

Gateway 700XL P4 - 2.6Ghz
512 Ram; 120 Gb Hdd