rgp stats

>The right hand column is very interesting, but not too >surprising. :)

Man, that is an eye opener.

I need a life

Kirb

Too bad the list isn't categorized by QUALITY posts instead of
bullsh*t, meaningless posts. Some would never make it on the list.
:)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

kirb wrote:
> >The right hand column is very interesting, but not too >surprising. :)
>
> Man, that is an eye opener.
>
> I need a life

I'm more wondering how the hell I managed to write 175 in one month!

I hate to imagine what my email help stats would look like. LTG :)

<dragonbreed@aol.com> wrote in message
> Lloyd reigns supreme with those stats.. :)
>
> Marcel

Hey now, I helped someone last August.... :)

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Bryan Kelly wrote:

>Too bad the list isn't categorized by QUALITY posts...

Ah yes... alas, so few Hemmingways, Steinbecks and Fitzgeralds seem to
be interested in rgp. I suspect that fact is a direct consequence of
the operators failing to put more pinball machines in public libraries
and opera houses. You reap what you sow. ;-)

Rick Swanson

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I'm going to get a new nick-name !!!

"Board-Blower" comes to mind, Hmmm.

"Clives Friend" ( might not be a good idea, sending to many in )

"Dip-Switch" ,, Nope sounds like Dip-Chit !!
Oh well, no wonder it takes me so long to shop a Pin ,, Better get to
work here & stick w/ Del =)

Pin-Del,

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Eric,
I've seen that question here before & I believe LTG) knew the
answer, If he see s this you'll know .

Pin-Del,

from what it looks like, the first post to RGP was Nov 21 1990, 3:47 am by
Dave Calin?

or are there other older ones that they didn't archive?

--Eric

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

"Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> wrote in message

> Bryan Kelly wrote:
>
> >Too bad the list isn't categorized by QUALITY posts...
> >

> Ah yes... alas, so few Hemmingways, Steinbecks and Fitzgeralds seem to
> be interested in rgp. I suspect that fact is a direct consequence of
> the operators failing to put more pinball machines in public libraries
> and opera houses. You reap what you sow. ;-)

LOL - I like that ;-)

> Rick Swanson

Tom Yager I believe was first. Some early ones weren't archived. LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in news:1119466463.697974.299940
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Too bad the list isn't categorized by QUALITY posts instead of
> bullsh*t, meaningless posts. Some would never make it on the list.
>:)

Hey now, I think I've managed to help at LEAST two people over the last
month. :)

You need to start responding to your own posts, that'll bump your
numbers up!

John!

In article <PeSdnScFCdaKhiffRVn-tg@comcast.com>,
Eric Schmitt <ericjschmitt@hotmail.com> wrote:
>from what it looks like, the first post to RGP was Nov 21 1990, 3:47 am by
>Dave Calin?

Pretty close. The first post was November 20, IIRC. I've got it saved
someplace. Maybe I'll repost it on the upcoming 15th anniversary of r.g.p!
Standard disclaimer: article numbers are different on each host, due to
variations in propagation. Is any site over a million yet? Here on MV,
I am replying to #940208, so it won't be long.

The historically correct article #1 was written by Tom Yager just after
he did the create-newsgroup thing. It originated here in New Hampshire
and probably went worldwide through decvax. MV was up and running at the
time, but I don't know if they carried this newsgroup right from article
#1. The general-purpose Unix system at Dartmouth College definitely
started with #1. I posted something in reply from my Dartmouth account
on the first day, but I don't think I said anything historically
significant. Typical volumes back then were 20 articles per day.
--
.................David Marston at MV