C Drive Partition Mystery

OS=Win XP-Pro, Computer = Dell Dimension 3000
My computer contained drives A, C, D, E, & F.
D & E are CD ROM drives, F was USB plug-in memory device. I now see I
have F & G as Local Disk (partitions) and H when I install the memory stick.
Where did the F &amd G partitions come from? I never created them, did Windows
do it somehow? There is 39 MB on F, 3.0 GB on G. Device Manager lists them as
Storage Volumes.
I would remove these partitions if I knew it was safe but I have no idea of
their origin or function.

Those are Dell diagnostic partitions.
Leave them alone.

--