Gaming Laptop for under 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laerck

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Im planning on selling my old laptop (acer aspire 7720) and scrapping my plans of upgrading my desktop to get a new gaming laptop.

1_What is your budget? Under $1500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Im thinking 15"-16" widescreen, I travel infrequently but still enough to want a PC thats easy to lug around

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Not so sure on this, Since this mainly is a gaming laptop ill take the balance between FPS and resolution, I also watch a lot of movies on my current laptop

5_How much battery life do you need?
1 1/2 to 2+ hours is good

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Want to play Crysis, Fallout 3, Witcher, Mass Effect, COD etc. on highest settings possible for my budget

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) I do watch some movies especially when I travel but gaming comes first

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Id be happy with anything 250+ gigs

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Doesnt matter whatever has the best price, I do like xoticpc and definitely want to have a extended warranty on it

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least for the next 3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I really like ASUS because of their great warranties

13_What country do you live in? USA, but I do a lot of travel through the middle east

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I was going to get the Asus G51J from Xoticpc but now when I finally got the cash to get one they arent selling them anymore. Hopefully can find something that games as well as that one with a similar warranty

Laerck

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I like the alienware but it doesnt seem to match up with the asus as far as performance goes for that price. Whats everyone's opinions on the new ASUS G51JX-A1 they are selling now, from my understanding it has a worse graphics card then the previous G51J model (nVIDIA GTS360M vs GTX 260M) but it does come with 2G extra memory standard and it sells for about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.