CMOS battery replacement in Dell Inspiron 4100

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop that has recently stopped keeping
track of time and this morning it forgot I had a CD-ROM drive. On a
desktop this would be a problem with the CMOS battery going dead, but
what I am running into is that the Inspiron 4100 doesn't have a CMOS
battery. Since the CMOS information is stored in nonvolatile memory
on this particular model, how would I "recharge" the long-term power
source for the nonvolatile memory?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

--
Are you losing $14,200 per year without your knowledge?
http://bigmoneyandfreetime.web1000.com

    "Isaac Grover" <ephesys@myexcel.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop that has recently stopped keeping
    > track of time and this morning it forgot I had a CD-ROM drive. On a
    > desktop this would be a problem with the CMOS battery going dead, but
    > what I am running into is that the Inspiron 4100 doesn't have a CMOS
    > battery. Since the CMOS information is stored in nonvolatile memory
    > on this particular model, how would I "recharge" the long-term power
    > source for the nonvolatile memory?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Isaac

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/ins4100/en/sm_en/remove.htm#1090379

    Stew

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:39:07 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@nospam.bellsouth.net>
    wrote:
    >"Isaac Grover" <ephesys@myexcel.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop that has recently stopped keeping
    >> track of time and this morning it forgot I had a CD-ROM drive. On a
    >> desktop this would be a problem with the CMOS battery going dead, but
    >> what I am running into is that the Inspiron 4100 doesn't have a CMOS
    >> battery. Since the CMOS information is stored in nonvolatile memory
    >> on this particular model, how would I "recharge" the long-term power
    >> source for the nonvolatile memory?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Isaac
    >
    >http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/ins4100/en/sm_en/remove.htm#1090379

    Thanks for the link. That battery isn't going to be easy to replace by going to
    the local electronics shop, but I should be able to get it online somewhere.

    Long live usenet. =)

    Isaac

    Are you losing $14,200.00 per year without your knowledge?

    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:39:07 -0500, "S.Lewis"
    <stew1960@nospam.bellsouth.net>
    > wrote:
    > >"Isaac Grover" <ephesys@myexcel.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi everyone,
    > >>
    > >> I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop that has recently stopped keeping
    > >> track of time and this morning it forgot I had a CD-ROM drive. On a
    > >> desktop this would be a problem with the CMOS battery going dead, but
    > >> what I am running into is that the Inspiron 4100 doesn't have a CMOS
    > >> battery. Since the CMOS information is stored in nonvolatile memory
    > >> on this particular model, how would I "recharge" the long-term power
    > >> source for the nonvolatile memory?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance,
    > >> Isaac
    > >
    > >http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/ins4100/en/sm_en/remove.htm#1090379
    >
    > Thanks for the link. That battery isn't going to be easy to replace by
    going to
    > the local electronics shop, but I should be able to get it online
    somewhere.

    > Long live usenet. =)
    >
    > Isaac
    >
    > Are you losing $14,200.00 per year without your knowledge?
    > http://bigmoneyandfreetime.web1000.com

    Nobody in here but us old geezers :)

    Good luck

    Stew

Dell Dell Inspiron Battery CMOS Computers