Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue909

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Ok, so I previously had my computer set up exactly the way I wanted it. Things were overclocked and I was getting a nice boost past its normal. My games were lag free. I had a projector, xbox 360, sound system, and computer system all hooked up and configured through my PC. Life was good.

Then I got a virus.
FML.

Fortunately/Unfortunately I have fixed everything with an exception of the sound system.

Previously I my setup was as follows:
Evga 780i Motherboard (6 channels, i didnt use all)
My computer speakers were hooked up in one jack.
My big speakers were hooked up in another jack.
My xbox was hooked up into a third jack.
A logitech headset with its own sound card control thing.
I was using a realtek (i think) software to assign the jacks to assign them to input/output.

Reason for this setup was as follows:
when my friend was playing xbox the computer would run the sound through the big speakers and I would turn off the computer speakers and play with the headset (by switching the comps default to my headset)
When we decided to watch a movie, I turned off the computer speakers and played the movie on the computer.
When I was by myself I would mute the big speakers and play with the computer speakers, no sense in shaking the house.

Now, I've tried to install realtek DRIVERS and I can get sound through my computer speakers.
Unfortunately, my big speakers are not producing any sound at all (if I use the microsoft speaker assignment I can get them to act as a "back surround speakers" but I'm just looking for standard stereo sound)
Also, my xbox isn't relaying any sound at all.
Finally, I can't seem to find the Realtek software that I was using to control the audio jacks.

If anyone can help me at all with my predicament it would be greatly appreciated, I am rather noob when it comes to sound systems but atleast I am willing to admit it.
Please, only constructive criticism.

http://www.evga.com/ support/drivers/
take space out of link before copy paste to browser
The realtek audio drivers should be on the Evga motherboard website, or the original Evga motherboard driver disk. Or e mail Evga tech support, they should be able to get a disk or drivers to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.