Low Virtual Memory

Hi,
I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to what
I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what can
I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?
6 answers Last reply
More about virtual memory

    How much disk space do you have left? To adjust virtual memory settings go to
    Control Panel /system/advanced tab/performance/advanced tab/set paging
    file-virtual memory and increase accordingly. You might want to also check
    how many programs are starting automatically during Windows start up and
    removing unecessary programs from the Start Up Folder.

    "Jordan Montgomery" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
    > to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to what
    > I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
    > like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what can
    > I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
    > clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?

    You are running out of space on the drive that you have your
    pagefile.sys file, you have to either make more room on that drive by
    deleting temp files, emptying your trash, removing applications,
    deleting data, changing the location of the pagefile to another
    partiyion or drive.

    Look at :-
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
    also:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555223
    and:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307886

    right click my computer
    then click properties>advanced>settings (performance
    section)>advanced>virtual memory>change>system managed size
    click set
    OK your way out
    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "Jordan Montgomery" <Jordan Montgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > Hi,
    > I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
    > to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to
    > what
    > I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
    > like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what
    > can
    > I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
    > clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?

    Hi Jordan,

    Do you have Intel Application Accelerator installed? If so, you need to
    uninstall it and install the latest version. The older ones are incompatible
    with WinXP and can cause this error message.

    If not, then try this: Go to System properties/advanced/performance
    settings/advanced tab/virtual memory change and disable the swap file.
    Reboot. Delete all instances of pagefile.sys from all drives should any
    exist, then reverse the original steps and reenable the swap file. Reboot
    once more to finish. See if this helps,

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jordan Montgomery" <Jordan Montgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:BEAE4FB7-FA63-419A-91FA-E66843CDEECE@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
    > to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to
    > what
    > I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
    > like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what
    > can
    > I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
    > clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?

    Wow, what a lot of useful information. I have done the part where some of you
    said to go to system, and do that strategy. Now, one of you mentioned about
    an Intel Accelerated device? I believe that I do not have that installed on
    my system. Where can I go download it?

    "Jordan Montgomery" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
    > to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to what
    > I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
    > like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what can
    > I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
    > clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?

    I found where I can possibly download this accelerator?
    But, what do I download, under Drivers? Or "Software Archives" look at the
    site and you'll understand what I mean.

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=663&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Home+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=45&submit=Go%21

    "Jordan Montgomery" wrote:

    > Wow, what a lot of useful information. I have done the part where some of you
    > said to go to system, and do that strategy. Now, one of you mentioned about
    > an Intel Accelerated device? I believe that I do not have that installed on
    > my system. Where can I go download it?
    >
    > "Jordan Montgomery" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I get this message sometimes that I have "low virtual memory", it says go
    > > to Help to find more info. But, I cannot find anything that is close to what
    > > I am looking for. Mind you, this is a "ballon" that pops up on the taskbar
    > > like where you would see any ballon that has an important note. So, what can
    > > I do to fix this "low virtual memory?" Yes, I do frequently defrag, disk
    > > clean, and spyware, but what else can I do?

Virtual Memory Microsoft Windows XP