Upon starting my computer (Compaq Presario 700 series Laptop) Windows XP will
not start; I receive an error message saying (NTLDR is missing). So I am
trying to reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition via the six boot discs.
However, when I try to reinstall: as I insert the second disc I receive
another error message saying (NTKRNLMP.EXE Error Code 7). Can anyone help me
solve this problem and correctly reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition?
Please, let me thank you in advance for your help, time and consideration if
you can. thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com

You should be doing the reinstall from the XP Home CD.
The boot disks don't have the capability of reinstalling XP.
They may get you to a command prompt or recovery console, but they don't
have the XP install files on them.
To have XP on floppy would be...350 disks or more?
--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com" <thomasdsleevayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:659397A0-3AFB-4001-8770-7F26EEDE9EFA@microsoft.com...
> Upon starting my computer (Compaq Presario 700 series Laptop) Windows XP
> will
> not start; I receive an error message saying (NTLDR is missing). So I am
> trying to reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition via the six boot discs.
> However, when I try to reinstall: as I insert the second disc I receive
> another error message saying (NTKRNLMP.EXE Error Code 7). Can anyone help
> me
> solve this problem and correctly reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition?
> Please, let me thank you in advance for your help, time and consideration
> if
> you can. thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com

Hi,

The disk, or the files on it, is/are corrupt. Create a new set on freshly
formatted disks.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/