I am trying to decide on a netbook, and I would appreciate any help.
Here's some information:
I'm a grad student and I'll be carrying this netbook around with me all the time. I'll use it for presentations and for casual surfing.
1) Light and portable.
2) Max battery life (>7 hours).
2) Fast boot. (If I need to look something up, I'd like to quickly boot up, open the browser, surf, and then shut down).
3) Easily connect to projectors for presentations.
4) Handle simple MatLab and Maple code/calculations with ease and speed.
5) Windows, but I will want to install and run another OS such as Moblin.
6) Handle 10+ browser tabs open in chrome and firefox without any processor/memory lag.
7) Wireless internet, of course.
I'm looking for something in the
price range. I'd prefer category (1), but if there is something much better in category (2), I'll consider it.
As a side note, concerning need (5), sounds like it's a really good idea to have the Moblin OS installed as a seondary OS for quick boots whenever I just need to surf the web. Am I correct? Are there fast boot alternatives I can get now without waiting for Moblin (which would work on the recommended netbook(s))?
It would be awesome if it could run Mount&Blade, but that's a want rather than a need.