Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Would like to know how to record and/or download netflix movies.

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 12, 2011 11:06:44 PM

Is there software or hardware to record and or burn netflix and TV shows and movies? I'm not talking about the cd's. I am referring to the instant online access movies. If so what is the program or hardware I need.
May 14, 2011 4:57:15 AM

Hi TSN,

Unless your TV supports internet appls (most TV's don't), you would some hardware such as:
1. Wii/PS3/XBox360
2. Computer, maybe with media centre like XBMC
to run Netflix. Netflix offers guides on how to set up these options.
m
l

Best solution

May 20, 2011 2:08:34 PM

Tsn4help said:
Is there software or hardware to record and or burn netflix and TV shows and movies? I'm not talking about the cd's. I am referring to the instant online access movies. If so what is the program or hardware I need.

Actually, yeah you can record and burn even the movies from Netflix instant online access, Watch Instantly I think it's called.

Can easily be done with a screen recorder software like Audials Tunebite, for example.

This one can capture, record and save Netflix streaming videos and movies to avi or whatever format you might need a without any problems and in good quality, worked pretty good for me actually.
Related resources
May 24, 2011 10:58:15 PM

Best answer selected by Tsn4help.
m
l
May 24, 2011 11:02:02 PM

Jacksonsays1 said:
Actually, yeah you can record and burn even the movies from Netflix instant online access, Watch Instantly I think it's called.

Can easily be done with a screen recorder software like Audials Tunebite, for example.

This one can capture, record and save Netflix streaming videos and movies to avi or whatever format you might need a without any problems and in good quality, worked pretty good for me actually.

Thank for the info. I did find a live video capture program called fraps. It works real good but it has to be paid for. I am looking for a freeware. I did find aTube Catcher but I can't figure out how to make it work. I will figure it out. If there is a freeware program you know about please let me know. Actually I didn't checkout Audial Tunebite. Is this free?
m
l
July 13, 2011 2:13:13 PM

Tsn4help said:
Thank for the info. I did find a live video capture program called fraps. It works real good but it has to be paid for. I am looking for a freeware. I did find aTube Catcher but I can't figure out how to make it work. I will figure it out. If there is a freeware program you know about please let me know. Actually I didn't checkout Audial Tunebite. Is this free?

Sorry dude haven't been around, hope I am not too late. :whistle: 

Dunno about any freewares that can capture and record Netflix instant streaming movies, since I found that Audials Tunebite app I didn't look anymore for some other ways to save instant streaming movies from Netflix streaming subscription.

It's not free, but hey as long as it does the job and manages to record movies from Netflix in good quality I say is well worth it.

Plus, besides recording netflix movies, I can use this one to record videos from a lot of other streaming services, video on demand sites and a ton of other streaming sources. :D 

m
l
April 25, 2012 3:47:44 AM

Tsn4help said:

A screen recorder surely can record any videos displayed on PC screen, but it will lead to loss in video quality from my experience. Addditonal, you have to stay on the webpage and play the video until it ends if you use a screen recorder to record a video. In fact, a better solution is to count on a professional video downloader. And my choice is Video Download Capture, it is a great helper in recording Netflix movies and other online streaming videos. Have a try if you hope to do this job effectively.
BTW, the tool has a inlaid converter, you can use it to convert the video format, then burn the videos to DVD.
m
l
!