Error Message XP Boot Disc

Upon starting my computer (Compaq Presario 700 series Laptop) XP will not
start; I get an error message saying (NTLDR is missing). I am trying to
reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition via the boot discs. As I insert the
second disc I get an error message saying: (NTKRNLMP.EXE Error code 7). Can
anyone clear this up for me, and tell me how to correctly reinstall my
Windows XP Home Edition? If you can, Please let me thank you in advance for
your help, time and consideration. Respectfully yours, thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about error message boot disc

    Hopefully you have a WinXP CD. The boot discs are only used if your Bios
    does not allow for booting from a CD.

    The kernel-related boot up errors usually indicate *Bad
    RAM, *HDD failure or *corrupt kernel files that are required prior to actual
    WinXP GUI bootup!
    Error Code 7 = "The Storage Control Blocks were Destroyed"

    Does the "Disk Error" say whether it is a "WRITE" or a "READ" error?
    Both routes go thru the RAM, thus RAM should be first suspect.
    "WRITE" error can also indicate a HDD (bad interface or HW failure) problem.
    Where as the "READ" error can also indicate a CD-Reader (bad/scratched-CDR
    or bad interface) problem!
    See if this applies
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812580&Product=winxp

    "thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com" <thomasdsleevayahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:7CDDCE9E-C4FB-45AE-B20D-C59DD7A5D50B@microsoft.com...
    > Upon starting my computer (Compaq Presario 700 series Laptop) XP will not
    > start; I get an error message saying (NTLDR is missing). I am trying to
    > reinstall my Windows XP Home Edition via the boot discs. As I insert the
    > second disc I get an error message saying: (NTKRNLMP.EXE Error code 7).
    > Can
    > anyone clear this up for me, and tell me how to correctly reinstall my
    > Windows XP Home Edition? If you can, Please let me thank you in advance
    > for
    > your help, time and consideration. Respectfully yours,
    > thomasdsleeva@yahoo.com

Boot Error Message Windows XP