Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriarch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2003
hello,
my Athlon XP has always worked perfectly, but in the last
week, anytime I turn on my PC, it doesnt boot. The monitor dont receive any images and the motherboard doesnt beep. So I tried to test all the hardware in another PC, everything worked fine, except the processor, which is not "dead" because its goes to the usual temperatures. So, is there anyway to solve this problem?

Auburn9698

Champion
Are you getting NO action at all when you turn it on, i.e. no fans, no lights, nothing? If not, then like NE said, check your PS.

Not sure what you're saying about your CPU....you said "everything worked fine, except the processor, which is not "dead" because its goes to the usual temperatures" in the other machine. Are you saying the CPU isn't working fine, or actually is, and it comes up and reports normal operating temps?

Did you try the power supply in the other PC?

War Eagle

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
What motherboard do you have? Is your system overclocked at all? What do you mean that your processor "goes to the usual temperatures" when you test it in another PC?

<i>Money talks. Mine always likes to say "goodbye." :smile: </i>

Patriarch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2003
my motherboard is an Asus A7M266-D
I have never overclocker the CPUs...
the CPU usual temperatures occours in my or another PC, so I guess it still turns itself up.

Patriarch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2003
when I turn it up the LEDS works normally, just the monitor and the initial dont receive anything beep.
the CPUs are not working in my or any other PC anymore...
I´ve tried several power supplies and they all seen to be working fine.
I guess is some other hardware, maybe the case cooler or the Case neon lights has caused this

Status
Not open for further replies.