Uninstall Windows 7

docwhit

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I an ot Format the only HD I have that has windows 7 and the OS by using the Fornat C the Format Brog is in the same Prog.. ! :sarcastic:

bloodoak

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
If you have to run something while formatting try finding a image of a live CD. Hirens might be usable. It starts a minimal version of one of the linux distros and comes with a lot of useful tools. There might even be one for formatting your HDD.

docwhit

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I just want to completly take out the OS "that is windows 7" and Completly have a blank HD to start over !

I had a Crash with the Windows 7 that I am using and I used the windows 7 to clean the HD.. Whin I did this it put all my Prog in a Fild with .old alot of my mother board prog is in the C: that makes have to reinstall them..
From what I am looking at it just would make me Fel Better If I could just start overwith a frish HD.."Nothing in it"

This is a new unit ad I want to start out Right befor I load all my Prog in it.

Whit :>)

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Put the windows disc in, select advanced/custom install. When it asks which drive to install to, there is an advanced options button.

Click it, and it will show the option to format and delete partitions. You can do a quick format on C: to get rid of all the drive contents.

If your drive has partitions (split in two) you can get rid of the partition easily here as well so you have one big drive.

Keep in mind this will delete all of your personal files. If you have stuff on the drive, back it up somewhere.
If you have multiple hard drives, unplug the ones that will not have windows on them before installing windows again.

docwhit

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I dodent work that way.. It only lows you to Upgread windows 7 !

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Sorry, I may have missed a step above. When people say "use the windows 7 disc", what they mean is that you need to boot from the windows 7 disc, rather than running the disc in windows.

If you reboot your computer it should say "Press any key to boot from CD", if you press a key you will boot from the CD instead of the normal windows 7 on your hard drive. If you don't see the prompt, you'll need to enable your disc drive as the first boot device.

To boot from the windows disc, you need to open the BIOS configuration/setup (usually by pressing delete or f1 when the computer first turns on and shows an image on the monitor (before windows starts). From there, look for boot priority somewhere (every bios is different), and move your DVD drive to the top above your hard drive.

TRENDING THREADS