TECH: Waterworld flipper problems. Please help.

I just finished shopping out my waterworld. When I started a game, all
functions work except the flippers. I checked the fuses, coils etc. and
everything is fine. When I lift the playfield about an inch, the left
flipper will work. Is there something simple I'm missing here? Anyone
else have this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Does the flipper move freely by hand? If so, try tightening the hex
nuts on the flipper shaft itself. They may be loose.

Does the flipper move freely by hand? If so, try tightening the hex
nuts on the flipper shaft itself. They may be loose.

I'd start with some basics. check the the flipper button opto boards are
plugged in, go into switch edge test and verify they are working.

Then open up the backbox and be sure all your connectors are on tight. Then
see where you are at. LTG :)

<doctorpinball@charter.net> wrote in message
> I just finished shopping out my waterworld. When I started a game, all
> functions work except the flippers. I checked the fuses, coils etc. and
> everything is fine. When I lift the playfield about an inch, the left
> flipper will work. Is there something simple I'm missing here? Anyone
> else have this problem?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Opto boards are plugged in. switch test is verified working and all
connections are tight. Fuses are good. Flipper buttons work but still
no flippers???. I have tried everything I can think off but cannot
pinpoint the problem.

Bill
www.doctorpinball.com

Next I think I would start running continuity tests on each wire from the
coil back to the head. The symptoms really sound like a loose connection.