FS: FUNHOUSE pinball machine $2950 shipped OBO

i just got in a Funhouse pin.

the lower cab is to drool over, no fade, no scratch, no drill holes ultra
sweet. backbox is also extremely nice but has some minor marks on the right
side.

field is mylared with some bubbling like always. no wear ! but has typical
color differences.

plays 110% but is a bit dirty the field and needs to be cleaned up. inside
of cab and underside of field etc are extra clean.

no busted plastics or ramps, all good to go.

has all the potential in the world to be a KILLER game.

looking for $2950 shipped OBO.

if someone wants the field seriously shopped and mylar stripped off, i can
do it but we'll have to work something out.

got tons of pics, so just let me know if you are interested and i'll fire
them off to you.

will take NOS fields in trade towards the game !

CREECH Repro Ramp PRE-ORDER

www.sweetpinballz.com

Man, I wish we had dealers like that here! :) In Denver, the dealers
like Game Exchange are the complete opposite. For example, when I was
looking for a Pinbot, they had one in their back warehouse that was
beat to heck, buried, and with an inch of dust for the bargain price of
$1400. We have the same problem near Fort Collins with a few places
that also sell pool tables. Nice folks, but their machines are
usually so-so and way over-priced. They'd rather have them sit there
for years than get less than $3K for their mediocre Creature.

Ok, seriously, how does a game play 110%?

I can kinda buy the "better than new" argument for looks/clearcoat/etc.
but play? Shouldnt they play 100% from the factory? What makes yours
play better than a brand new one?

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Thats just an asurance from Gman that there are no problems ,

Pin-Del,
Who regrets not getting Grovers Creech =(

Chris Lyon wrote:
> Ok, seriously, how does a game play 110%?
>
> I can kinda buy the "better than new" argument for looks/clearcoat/etc.
> but play? Shouldnt they play 100% from the factory? What makes yours
> play better than a brand new one?

Chris: No sarcasm intended but I love to debate since that is what I
do for a living. So, to answer your challenge...
When I got my TSPP (NIB) and got a ball into the garage there were
times that the ball would not elevate to the upper level. It would try
and then fall back several times. It also had a bad spring on the
upper flipper which was too weak to pull it back and it would stick in
place. I called tech support and they told me how to adjust the area
so the ball would get up to the couch level and they sent me a
replacement spring for what turned out to be a known problem. So with
those factory issues resolved my SPP now plays "110%" based on the fact
that when it left the factory it would be considered 100% factory
correct.

Another example might be the Funhouse main ramp which eventually cracks
at both sides of the entry, or the early ones which had a trapdoor that
would throw the pinball up into the glass if the ball happened to be on
top of it when the trapdoor activated. Williams put out a rom revision
that delayed the trapdoor which cured the problem and they also put out
ramp protectors (so did Cliffy). With those corrections the machine
was improved from what it was when it left the factory, so considering
it was 100% when it was first released, then later improvements would
have made it better than 100%, and there you get your 110%

That is how a machine could play better than new.
And now, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case :)

Bob

Atari_2600 wrote:
> If you want to split a hair that fine, the very concept of anything
> funtioning at better than 100% is by sheer definition impossible and in all
> practical purposes nothing achieves 100% functionality. The best Funhouse
> Williams ever cranked out has never hit 99.99% (pretend I types 9 forever).
> The example you gave left the factory at 90% and was brought to better than
> that, but not now nor ever 100%. That term is as meaningless and blown out
> as mint, huo or whatever hyperbole you choose to insert. IMHO. -Joshua

Hi, Josh:
Splitting hairs is what attorneys do.
So let us revisit this issue.
You say that an item can leave the factory and be considered as
functioning at less than 100%. I am sure you will agree that you could
not find a single manufacturer who would agree with that. A product
that is sold new is supposed to have been tested and found to be
perfect in every way. While time and use may prove that the product
was not perfect, I suppose it could then be argued it was not 100% to
begin with, and that subsequent defect correction brought it to 100%.
But if one uses the benchmark at the time of sale as the 100% mark,
then where do you go in terms of grading the item after a latent defect
has been discovered and remedied? Do you downgrade it first to then
grade it again or do you say it is now "better than new?" And if new
was considered to be 100% than what can "better than new" be except
something better than 100%?

It is a question of semantics and since both "better than new" and
"better than 100%" are just expressions to begin with. Looking it in
that way, the question asked as to how something can be described as
working 110% percent is answered in a way that defies contradiction
since the terminology used is intended to convey a thought when
describing a product and not intended as a mathimetical equation. It
is a question of the context or circumstances in which the phrase is
used since, obviously, in math nothing can be greater than 100%.

Just to reinforce my point, take the case of an exam given to a student
on which there are questions for "extra points." Get all the required
questions right and you score 100% but if you also answer the extra
point questions and get them right as well, then you might score 110%
or even higher.

And how about the expression when someone is asked put forth an effort
beyond their normal ability and so they are encouraged to "give it
110%?"

I'll bet there are countless examples where the phrase 110% can apply;
and maybe some RGPers want to chime in with those examples.

Finally, thanks for giving me something more to think about tonight
besides the grandkids homework.

Now, here's something for you to puzzle over (and no fair doing an
internet search for the answer):

A cowboy rides into town on Friday. Stays only three days and rides
out of town on Friday. How can that be???
(I will provide the answer once you post that you give up). :)

Bob

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

He did it different , the days he wasnt Riding, he must have walked ,
Horse must have been getting New Shoes ,,,lol =)

I still liked my simple answer better,

Pin-Del,

martin

In maths, a percentage can have any value. There are a few
circumstances where a percentage is constrained to a value of between 0
and 100%, maths test results can be like that. But many things can
exceed 100%.

Anyhow, on to more important things. The answer to Bob's riddle lies in
a book by Mr. Daniel Defoe.

Del wrote:
> He did it different , the days he wasnt Riding, he must have walked ,
> Horse must have been getting New Shoes ,,,lol =)
>
> I still liked my simple answer better,
>
> Pin-Del,

Hi, Pin Del:
Not correct. Cowboy never left town from time he rode in on Friday
until time he rode out on Friday and as I said, he only stayed in town
three days. Think some more... but don't get too frustrated. I
thought about it for a couple of days and finally gave up!
If you give up and want the answer in a private reply I'll send it to
you so others can still be thinking on it. When I got the answer I
could not see any flaw in it and I know you will agree.
Bob

martin wrote:

> Anyhow, on to more important things. The answer to Bob's riddle lies in
> a book by Mr. Daniel Defoe.

Martin: Is that a book of riddles and, if so, do you have the title
since I would probably enjoy it.
Bob

>Splitting hairs is what attorneys do.
>---tons of other filler deleted----

Come on man, get to the point!

I've got one-
Bob often applies 500% more verbage to a topic than is often needed.

Kirb

>The horses name is Friday. LTG :)

LTG bangs it home again....now-

How far can a dog run into the woods?
(that one is easy)

Kirb

He's trying to sound all academic, when if he was a good lawyer, he'd
make it before everyone lost interest and stopped reading about 1/3 of
the way down the post. ;-)

>Half way, then he's running out. LTG :)

You can never fool the old guys....

Kirb

martin

Scot busted me there. The short answer to the riddle is "Friday". No
need to explain that that is the name of the horse.

Anyhow, given our mathematical diversion I would recommend
"mathematical puzzles and diversions" and "more mathematical puzzles
and diversions" by Martin Gardner.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007FY9C8/qid=1119500321/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-1516812-1905435?v=glance&s=books

There are later compendiums that may also be worthwhile. but this is
the one that I read decades ago. I think that the second one is also
rather better than the first.

And there are 25 riddles at this and its sibling pages:
http://www.sociology.org.uk/yltp25.htm

"Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote in message
> A cowboy rides into town on Friday. Stays only three days and rides
> out of town on Friday. How can that be???
> (I will provide the answer once you post that you give up). :)
>
> Bob

Friday is the name of the horse...
--
Fred
TX

"kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >The horses name is Friday. LTG :)
>
> LTG bangs it home again....now-
>
> How far can a dog run into the woods?
> (that one is easy)
>
> Kirb

LOL!!

$2950.00??? You're gonna CRY when I tell you guys how much I bought mine
for.

Let's put it this way.....when you go looking for a pin, try your local
amusement places. They usually have pins sitting in their warehouse
collecting dust (literally)

Mine HAD a layer of dust.

$1000.00 (plus tax)

Now, I'm laughing ALL the way to my garage (with my own Funhouse)
Mine is STAYING in my collection! NOT for RESALE! The ONLY thing wron with
it, is Rudy and some switches else where around the playfield (and light
bulbs, of course...I had found dozens of old burnt out bulbs in the cabinet)

TexasSteven

P.S. Not trying to make fun at anyone....it 's just that, folks, you can get
a better price (at least from Ebay) locally or in another city. These
dealers just wanna get rid of their old pins (and NOT have to FIX em')

Steven, I got mine.... FREE!

(Plus tax...)

--
Fred
TX

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message news:EFrue.60$Xq3.7550105@news.sisna.com...
> LOL!!
>
> $2950.00??? You're gonna CRY when I tell you guys how much I bought mine
> for.

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:57:27 GMT, "Atari_2600"
<atariNOSPAM@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>If you want to split a hair that fine, the very concept of anything
>funtioning at better than 100% is by sheer definition impossible and in all
>practical purposes nothing achieves 100% functionality. The best Funhouse
>Williams ever cranked out has never hit 99.99% (pretend I types 9 forever).
>The example you gave left the factory at 90% and was brought to better than
>that, but not now nor ever 100%. That term is as meaningless and blown out
>as mint, huo or whatever hyperbole you choose to insert. IMHO. -Joshua

NASA uses this verbage all the time to describe performance of shuttle
engines. They put out 105-110% of output. The 100% baseline is the
performance as originally designed - improvements have pushed the
performance beyond original specs. So I guess if you modify a pin it
can function at > 100%.

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

"Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, seriously, how does a game play 110%?
>
> I can kinda buy the "better than new" argument for looks/clearcoat/etc.
> but play? Shouldnt they play 100% from the factory? What makes yours
> play better than a brand new one?

It simply gives you more jackpots per multiball than
an "ordinary" machine.

Seriously I just got a machine from Grover and
it was *nice* - I bought it for the cab but the
rest is pretty damn perfect ;-)