I have a friend's dell inspiron 2650 which makes no sound.
Nada, not from cd or anything. All the drivers are present
and supposedly working. But I get an error message device object
not found.

Since this is a laptop and doesn't have a separate sound card
per se, what does this mean???

thanks,
Lyn

Malke

Lyn wrote:

> I have a friend's dell inspiron 2650 which makes no sound.
> Nada, not from cd or anything. All the drivers are present
> and supposedly working. But I get an error message device object
> not found.
>
> Since this is a laptop and doesn't have a separate sound card
> per se, what does this mean???
>
> thanks,
> Lyn

It probably means the hardware has failed. Call Dell tech support.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com