Windows desktop is not completely fitting the screen

I have a sony pcG-983l. When i start windows, the desktop is not completely
fitting the screen. The entire desktop opens up as a small rectangle in the
center of the screen. There is no cursor.

Can someboy please help ?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows desktop completely fitting screen

    Has someone been messing with the OSD?
    I have seen the screen size manually adjusted like that.
    Many screens have a ZOOM function that will shrink/enlarge it.

    --
    For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

    bham02 wrote:
    > I have a sony pcG-983l. When i start windows, the desktop is not
    > completely fitting the screen. The entire desktop opens up as a small
    > rectangle in the center of the screen. There is no cursor.
    >
    > Can someboy please help ?

    Change to the monitors native resolution suggested in the manual.
    Likely - higher than what you are trying to use and a differnt refresh rate
    possibly.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP