Windows desktop is not completely fitting the screen

I have a sony pcG-983l. When i start windows, the desktop is not completely
fitting the screen. The entire desktop opens up as a small rectangle in the
center of the screen. There is no cursor.

Can someboy please help ?

Has someone been messing with the OSD?
I have seen the screen size manually adjusted like that.
Many screens have a ZOOM function that will shrink/enlarge it.

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

bham02 wrote:
> I have a sony pcG-983l. When i start windows, the desktop is not
> completely fitting the screen. The entire desktop opens up as a small
> rectangle in the center of the screen. There is no cursor.
>
> Can someboy please help ?

Change to the monitors native resolution suggested in the manual.
Likely - higher than what you are trying to use and a differnt refresh rate
possibly.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP